After a couple games of Zombies!!! I realized I didn't enjoy the existing dice mechanics. I saw the Roll Them Bones dice game new for $4 at a shop and thought there might be some way to use it with the base game.
Please include your own ideas and suggestions. This is my first variant.
Here is my first idea (not yet play-tested):
Incorporate Roll Them Bones dice as a bonus during the Zombie movement turn phase to balance player movement.
1) After rolling the movement die, use the result to determine how many bonus dice to roll during the Zombie movement phase. The amount of bonus dice used is subtracted from your movement roll.
Movement roll chart:
1 = 6 bonus dice
2 = 5 bonus dice
3 = 4 bonus dice
4 = 3 bonus dice
5 = 2 bonus dice
6 = 1 bonus die
2) The bonus dice (applies to current turn only):
+1 Player movement for every running man symbol
+1 Zombie movement for every zombie symbol
-1 Zombie bonus die for every gun symbol (cancels a bonus die rather than subtracting from the zombie movement die)
+1 Bullet for every explosion symbol (rarest symbol)
- Last edited Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:24 pm (Total Number of Edits: 4)
- Posted Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:46 pm
Tim Szerlong MIB#0786
I assume the order of operation is:
1. Resolve guns (How do you decide what dice go away?)
2. Extra player movement
3. Resolve Zombie movement
4. distribute bullets
Does this make sense?
- Last edited Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:52 pm (Total Number of Edits: 3)
- Posted Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:37 pm