Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Foerster
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Was excited to get my Ninja Dice in the mail today and I got to play a couple of games during lunch. Here are my initial impressions:

1) Rules are nice and straightforward in my opinion.
2) Setup is super quick
3) Game play is fast and fun. I really like the location cards as it adds a fun extra element. Also gives me lots of ideas for my own location expansions.

All in all a great game and I am looking forward to playing it more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tylor Lilley
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haha, I got mine today too and was all excited to rush here and make this exact thread! You echo my sentiments exactly... I played the PnP version without the location cards and it was fun enough that I backed the project. But now that I've seen them and played with them, in my opinion the location cards are really cool and give the game that little extra push, both thematically and strategically, that it really needed to be a great little game.

I do wonder about playing with the location cards the way the little rules insert says too though, as it seems like that would give a great advantage to the player who goes first for no real reason. When we played we just said that when starting your turn as the active ninja, you may either roll a normal house or draw one location card from the face down deck for the appropriate round. This is how I remember them being talked about during the kickstarter, so either I'm crazy (very possible) or this rule changed for some reason and I don't know why! This was more fun, I think, and more strategic too! If you haven't tried it yet you should give it a shot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rocco Privetera
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I say I'm super excited to see people enjoying playing my little game? Holy crap, yes I am. I'm sure it's a newbie designer thing and I'll be blasé about it eventually.

Quote:
I do wonder about playing with the location cards the way the little rules insert says too though, as it seems like that would give a great advantage to the player who goes first for no real reason.

That came up in another thread. I personally would say the RAW in the Location deck is just one of many ways to do it. Your method is one we use a lot at my table when we play. Another two are that when someone picks a card, you replace it with another (so more options exist). The one we seem to like the most is that when you pick a card, you put a coin on the remaining ones, so that the harder ones get a few coins on them by the time someone picks them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Haas
United States
Edgewood
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got mine today, but I haven't had a chance to play it, yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chamberlain
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where can you buy it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rocco Privetera
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
BooChihuahua wrote:
Where can you buy it?

Looks like GreenBrier is selling them on their website. And from what I understand, it's also shipping to retail stores, so your FLGS should have copies "soon to a month or so"-ish I'm guessing.

http://www.greenbriergames.com/main/index.php/product/ninja-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zee Parks
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
BooChihuahua wrote:
Where can you buy it?

Just put up location card expansion product also.

http://www.greenbriergames.com/main/index.php/product/ninja-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Brownridge
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad you are enjoying the game.

Still waiting for mine up in the Great White North.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hunt
England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Angry Imp Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still waiting also in the great plains of Lincolnshire...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rocco Privetera
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I hear it's in a couple of local game stores, so it's on the street!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Borys Zaba-Zabinski
Ireland
Limerick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got my games today so it's finally here in Europe!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hunt
England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Angry Imp Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Should have said. My copy arrived here in the UK last week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Garcia
United States
Harlingen
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anybody know if the winners of the contest for Ninja Dice/FairyTale Miniatures will ship separately or together with the minis?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zee Parks
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Demon Jim wrote:
Does anybody know if the winners of the contest for Ninja Dice/FairyTale Miniatures will ship separately or together with the minis?

if you're an international fairytale backer who backed fairytale mini campaign at $100+, your ninja dice order is delayed to ship with your fairytale rewards due to combined shipping, regardless of contest winnings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Garcia
United States
Harlingen
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome thanks for the update. I was planning on being out of town for 2 weeks and needed to know so I could make arrangements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.