Popular Tags: [View All]
Sanders
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like Z-Man is going to publish this game as North Wind. Check it out from their Faceboook page:

Quote:
2014 New to the Z-Man collection: North Wind!

In this exciting game to be released this Summer, you will arm and crew your ships with cannons, sails, gunners, and much more to return calm and prosperity to the Trade Alliance.

Pirates are raiding the nearby cities that are part of the Trade Alliance. The battered harbor towns call on your help, the Captains of the Alliance. Your tasks will be numerous, and some more dangerous than others. From supplying the towns with various goods to surviving encounters with deadly pirates, your ship will be your life.

Let the North Wind carry your ship to victory!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb

Man, I hope this game plays as well as it looks!

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Teamski wrote:

If you like a high degree of both memory and luck, then I'd say it does.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
蓝魔
United Kingdom
Bingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
Teamski wrote:

If you like a high degree of both memory and luck, then I'd say it does.

Yes, these are key elements to the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Montoya
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
PLAY MORE BOARDGAMES!
badge
“I am too old to die young, and too young to grow up.” ― Marty Feldman
mbmbmbmbmb
Meh... I liked the original title better.
"Norderwind" is more evocative than "North Wind".

The original title sounds more like high seas exploration and trading.

The English title comes across a bit plain... or polar, depending on how you feel when you read it...shake

I guess it just sounds better in German.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
paul Schwartz

Lockport
New York
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hope you are one of the first to get the ten copies z man will print they are pathetic
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Saccenti
United States
Colora
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It appears I am being blocked from buying Norderwind (and a number of other new 2014 releases) from Amazon.de. Anyone else having this issue?

I have ordered from Amazon.de in the past without a hitch, but in the last week...a "will not ship to your address" problem.

Here is a thread with others with this problem. Any insight from those more veteran than I would be welcome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt Mueller
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the gist of it is that amazon.de won't ship titles to the US anymore that have US releases planned. I don't know any more details than that. It's really unfortunate though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wamboyil wrote:
I think the gist of it is that amazon.de won't ship titles to the US anymore that have US releases planned.

That's an interesting theory, but it sounds implausible to me for Amazon to know such things (full disclose: I work for Amazon, but know nothing about this).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Saccenti
United States
Colora
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
That's an interesting theory, but it sounds implausible to me

It does sound conspiratorial.

Here is my experience. When I go to buy any of the following games--Helios, Norderwind, Port Royal, Burgenland--I get instead to a screen that translates "cannot ship to your address."

So to test, I try buying something I have bought in the past. Nauticus and Palaces of Carrara into the shopping cart. I get instead to the familiar choice of shipping (Amazon Global or Amazon Global Express, I think). So it is only certain games!

In both cases I'm using Amazon as the seller of course, not Marketplace.

Could someone else from the U.S. drop Norderwind into the shopping cart and see if you get a shipping option (and prove that it is Just Me)? Stopping short of putting in your payment info, of course. I'm not able to get that far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
saccenti wrote:
Could someone else from the U.S. drop Norderwind into the shopping cart and see if you get a shipping option (and prove that it is Just Me)?

Won't ship to me either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beek Man wrote:
hope you are one of the first to get the ten copies z man will print they are pathetic

Horse beaten. Here's the perspective I like to give:

1. Recieved my 1st edition Robinson Crusoe right off the boat in August.
2. Z-Man had the reprint readily available 6 months later.
3. RELAX.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
蓝魔
United Kingdom
Bingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some sellers on Amazon ship overseas and some don't. Its as simple as that - no conspiracy.

Usually if you choose one of the other price options (probably more expensive) then that will most likely accept foreign addresses. I have had this issue come up countless times in the past.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Saccenti
United States
Colora
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
moocifer wrote:
Some sellers on Amazon ship overseas and some don't. Its as simple as that - no conspiracy.

As I mentioned above, I'm not talking about Marketplace options (which, as you note, have variable international shipping policies), but rather sold-and-shipped-directly from Amazon.de. When you select Amazon.de as the seller (provided this is an option, which is the case in all of the games mentioned above), then international shipping has never before been an issue. Until, apparently, the last week...

It is not so simple. I believe we do have a ban of some kind here, related to new releases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sanders
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know of two importers that have told me they cannot get Huch and Friends games from their distributors any more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Lafond
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed this is in stock at the Canadian site BoardGameBliss. Sort of expensive though at $65.00CAD plus shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam H
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
And The American Way..... Even Though I'm Canadian....
badge
SUPERMAN!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
If any canadian cares this is still in stock and boardgamebliss.com
Except it's now $49.95 with free shipping in Canada. 2 left after I ordered my copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Schwartz
United States
Fairfax Station
Virginia
flag msg tools
Asked Z-Man on Facebook when the current release date is. They quickly replied. "It will be available early 2015".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.