Student Bodies» Forums » General

Subject: Played it at PAX..... 4 times! Great Game! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Kenney
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I tried this late on Friday Night the first day of PAX East 2014 at the Smirk and Dagger booth. The game plays quick and tactically with constant interaction between players. Everyone refills their hand every turn (the current player can discard cards he doesn't want) so almost everybody can counter or block or otherwise interfere with other players turns. It keeps players involved with the game.

The theme is a ton of fun, you play as the "breaksfast club" types from the school and run from lunch ladies, jocks, cheerleaders, and mean teachers turned zombies in a school. Your weapons include bags of d20, bocce balls, fire extinguishers, mops, and lunch boxes.

I had such a great time with it I went back and played it 3 more times over the course of Saturday, including an intense 90-120min game with some of the Battlegrounds Games staff. It was a great time and definitely the highlight of my PAX.

I can't wait for this to come out (GenCon 2014 target) and encourage everyone to keep an eye on it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Despite the fact I buy very few "new" games now, this looks like one I might have to pick up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Povilaitis
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mb
I'm glad you had a great time playing the demo at Pax East. I remember that game with the folks from Battlegrounds was one more intense demos I saw over the weekend.

Thank you for playing the game and sharing your thoughts!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Boyd
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I really wish we had had time to demo this at GenCon. It looks great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.