Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Davi Rosa
Brazil
Brasília
DF
flag msg tools
badge
From the Dungeons and Dragons 80's cartoon. If only it was remade...
mbmbmbmbmb
Now, I know that we don't yet have all the rules, but how about changing these rules on the base, just to try them out?
- No more rounds. Consul and heroes alternate, going around the table for heroes. The Consul doesn't have to keep track of what models have already been activated and be actavated again in the next round;
- When spawn point is destroyed, the mini boss appears and may be activated in addition to the regular 4 skulls worth of models;
- The consul may choose, on his turn, to either activate 4 skulls or spawn, damaging the spawning point;
- After all spawning points are gone, the boss shows up instead of a mini boss and may activate in addition to the other 4 skulls.

Can anyone foresee anything going wrong with this formula?

I'll try as soon as I can and post it, but would like to hear other people's thoughts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason McConnell
United States
Sweeny
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For playing in "Classic Mode" it should work fine. Only real issue is that we'll be missing the "Upgrade Decks" that replace the cards with their new versions. Not really sure how this will affect balance, but in the end with the new changes the Consul should be much more on par with the Heroes now. Also don't forget the new way loot is gained, no more of that loot track nonsense. I would also go ahead and throw in the backpack, key, and coin mechanics in there as well.

I'm more interested in the "Arcade Mode" myself, and since that has it's own cards associated with it I'll have to wait until it ships. Although I may break out the game soon to try to PVP Arena stuff, that sounds like a nice alternative.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davi Rosa
Brazil
Brasília
DF
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The loot thing is important. Good reminder!
But does it work, one loot per non-miniboss?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason McConnell
United States
Sweeny
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that you get to draw one loot per minion/denizen killed. Unequipped loot can be placed in the backpack. Unwanted loot can be discarded to Heal a heart or remove a status marker. Loot in the backpack may be equipped to any Hero during the Hero's turn. Whenever a mini-boss is killed, it drops a key and must be picked up to be placed in the backpack, which is used to unlock the chest to draw a treasure card. When a spawnpoint dies, it drops a coin, the coin must also be picked up into the backpack to be used later to either completely heal a Hero, or revive a "dead" Hero back onto the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davi Rosa
Brazil
Brasília
DF
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I tried playing with the new rules and had a little problems. I used the VDM mini boss. The heroes had a pacify weapon and I had no way of clearing the status effect. The mini boss was made useless and I was sad. I wanna know how they will handle that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The current rules allow you mini-bosses to remove status effects when they roll hearts (and maybe potions - can't remember off top of my head). I can't imagine it being any different with the new rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davi Rosa
Brazil
Brasília
DF
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The problem is that this mini boss doesn't really roll for when it attacks. It has only a single blue die, making it impossible to hit and get a heart. If it doesn't have its special attack, it sits there and does nothing.
Very disapointing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah yes, of course. Pacify is a very good way of shutting down the Death Spectre. However, don't forget that you can also use skulls generated from the adventure tracker to remove status on mini-bosses as well (rather than spawning extra minions).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davi Rosa
Brazil
Brasília
DF
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly, which does not exist in the new rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lior Kiperman
Israel
Ramat Gan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You should ask about it in the SPM forums. Maybe they already thought of a solution for that
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gorondil wrote:
Exactly, which does not exist in the new rules.

Do we have a proper copy of the new rules?! Or just the previews that they showed in the KS? If so I've completely missed that so apologies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davi Rosa
Brazil
Brasília
DF
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We only have spoilers so far. I was trying to make do with only that, but it was not enough. I appreciate the input, tho.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem, I just wasn't sure if I'd missed something I'm sure there must be some mechanic for removing such things but without the adventure tracker it ofc won't be skulls. Maybe the Death Spectre rules themselves will be changed? I think I'd probably play it as if any monster on the same tile rolled a heart then it could be used to remove a status effect from the mini-boss (they still have to do damage as normal though). That at least stops pacify completely shutting down the Death Spectre but means that it wouldn't be excessively easy to remove the status effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davi Rosa
Brazil
Brasília
DF
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is actually a very good idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davi Rosa
Brazil
Brasília
DF
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also thought about making it so that the death specter could soend an action to remove a status effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.