Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve S
United States
Roscoe
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey there, just discovered this and it looks pretty cool - however I looked over the rules today and it had me wondering:

Regarding the placement rule that a token can't be placed on a card if that card already has more of that color than any other, what happens if *all* of the cards have more of that color than any other? Is the token just discarded? (Not sure how likely this scenario is but it popped right into my head on reading this).

Also just for clarification, when you draw a colored token and it has a UFO on it - I'm assuming these only affect the card they were placed on and not all of the cards, correct?
*White UFO = choose one token (of any color, as unlike Mass Abduction it does not specify) from the card you just placed this on and move it up to the "abduction" area
*Black UFO = move *all* tokens of the same color from the bottom grazing area up to the abducted area

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurtis Miller
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To clarify - I think you understand this? - it's the total of that color (grazing) vs. the sum total of all other colors (grazing) at that pasture. If there are 3 blue, 2 red, and 1 yellow, I can still place a blue there because 3 is equal to (2 + 1), it is not greater than.

In the overall spirit of the game, if a situation arose like you describe, I'd probably put it on the card with the smallest number of that color, or the one with the smallest imbalance if they all had the same number. The special ability rules also allow the number of grazing cattle to break the placement rule. That said, you could make a case that, if the other token was a different color that could be placed, the player would need to place that one instead. So this rule variant would only take effect if the player drew two tokens of the same color and that color was already dominant.

The abduction tokens are not constrained to a particular pasture. In the first case (white), the player may choose to abduct any one token, of any color, in any pasture. In the case of mass abduction, the color of the drawn token matters - all cattle of that color are abducted in all pastures.

In the case of the white UFO, the player has to pick that token to place, and flip it UFO-side up to gain that ability. The black UFO takes effect immediately upon drawing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, I forgot to subscribe to my own game so I missed the question!

I've actually never had the situation you describe happen. However, it sounds like it's because you played a rule incorrectly.

The rule is that you can't place if that color has more than all other colors combined. So, if there are 3 red, 2 yellow, and a blue, red can be placed there, since there are currently 3 red and 3 non-red.

For white abductions, you can abduct any cattle token. For black, all cattle of the matching color are abducted (and remember you don't flip black abduction tokens, they happen automatically!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.