Popular Tags: [View All]
Therron Thomas
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just found out I have apparently been playing the ally abilities incorrectly. I was under the impression that you get an ally ability as soon as another ally is played so for example I play a card and take its primary action. Then I play an ally. That ally would get its primary action and the first card played would get its own ally action. Then if I played a third ally, the third would get its primary action and the first and second cards would each get their ally actions.

I am told this is incorrect and that you play all the cards you like for their primary actions and then do all of the ally actions that have at least two allies in play. (Two cards or more of the same symbol).

Which is correct?

I REALLY like playing the way I have been playing due to the continuous combos but was hoping a designer might answer my question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aditya C
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You get each ally ability once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
You have been playing wrong. It's right in the rules:

Quote:
Each ability may be used just once each turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
twthomas wrote:
I REALLY like playing the way I have been playing due to the continuous combos but was hoping a designer might answer my question.

Yeah the "official" way only allows each ability to be used once per turn. Try it the official way for a little bit, but if you and you friends enjoy it the way you've been playing it, stick with that! Star Realms is very flexible and open to all kinds of variants. Play it the way you enjoy it the most.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.