Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Arthur Rutyna
United States
Plymouth
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just looking at what I paid on KS for Alien Frontier ($80), for board game with a "real play board" (double sided), dice, cards, plastic colonies and space ships, expansions, and tuck boxes. Why is Among the Stars so expensive? For $100 you get base game + expansions, but no tuck boxes and no plastic space ships. Strange...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
it's price kept me away. it's mostly cards. less than legendary has in it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxime Yazz
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
100$ is about the price of Seven Wonders and 2 of it's expansions in my area. That is whitout shipping and whitout any stretch goal promo. I would say it is a good deal but I do love this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Incao
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Buy Stronghold Games
mbmbmbmbmb
For those unaware...Stronghold Games will be distributing ATS later this summer.

PRESS RELEASE: Stronghold Games Announces the North American Release of Among The Stars

Stronghold Games will offer Among The Stars to its North American customers via their industry-leading Preorder Program. The Stronghold Games Preorder Program offers preorder customers 30% off MSRP, and the guarantee that the games will ship to them before any other customers, including Distributors and Retailers. Stronghold Games’ preorders will open in June 2014 and preorders will ship in late August 2014, simultaneously with Artipia’s Kickstarter fulfillments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tankbot
United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If I were to hazard to guess, the higher price point for the game is to offset shipping costs (shipped from Greece) and Kickstarter fees. The original Indiegogo campaign had the game pegged at $35 if you were local or wanted to pick it up at Spiel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contig the fallen
United States
flag msg tools
Keen to the scent -- the hunt is my muse. A means to an end, this path that I choose
badge
Wake the White Wolf! Remembrance At Last (by Miracle of Sound)
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a lot of cards in Among the Stars + Ambassadors + Promos. I think it's worthwhile.

If you want to wait, Stronghold is apparently selling in the US so it's closer to buy from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like MSRP to me. $40 base game, two expansions at $30 each. If you expect Cool Stuff Inc prices on a Kickstarter, you're going to be disappointed. They also ship from Greece, so it isn't free US shipping like many Kickstarters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah that is pretty deep. The last KS project was $76 for both base game, Ambassadors with stretches and sleeves if you skipped the box for the expansion. This is far more expensive......

-SKi
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxime Yazz
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Teamski wrote:
Yeah that is pretty deep. The last KS project was $76 for both base game, Ambassadors with stretches and sleeves if you skipped the box for the expansion. This is far more expensive......

-SKi

But that does not include the Promo. you get the promo at the 100$ You can get the base plus expansion from this campaign for 85$ And you also get the stretch goal of this campaign.

At a 100$ you get everything so far except BGG promos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Shaw
United States
Kennesaw
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Sounds like MSRP to me. $40 base game, two expansions at $30 each. If you expect Cool Stuff Inc prices on a Kickstarter, you're going to be disappointed. They also ship from Greece, so it isn't free US shipping like many Kickstarters."

At the $100 pledge level (Base Game + both Expansions), shipping to the 'USA/EU/CANADA' is included.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Summerville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
What daring! What outrageousness! What insolence! What arrogance!... I salute you.
badge
Conan! What is best in life? Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
mbmbmbmbmb
After some thought, I have decided to stick with the Kickstarter at $100. That is getting me the base game and 3 expansions, Ambassadors, Promos and Promos 2 (confirmed to be the all the stretch goals unlocked from this project).

If I went with Stronghold, I would have to wait for the eventual printing and release of the expansions (they are only doing the base game first), whereas I can just get it all this Fall and help reach more stretch goals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Shaw
United States
Kennesaw
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"...I have decided to stick with the Kickstarter at $100. That is getting me the base game and 3 expansions, Ambassadors, Promos and Promos 2..."

I've not seen the bolded part of your post (granted, the KS page is a bit confusing). Where is that info located?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Keller
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sokadr wrote:
"...I have decided to stick with the Kickstarter at $100. That is getting me the base game and 3 expansions, Ambassadors, Promos and Promos 2..."

I've not seen the bolded part of your post (granted, the KS page is a bit confusing). Where is that info located?

Promos 2 = Current Stretch Goals for this campaign (Large Location cards, Event cards, new Location cards, etc.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Summerville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
What daring! What outrageousness! What insolence! What arrogance!... I salute you.
badge
Conan! What is best in life? Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sokadr wrote:

You can find the discussion by Stronghold games on this thread.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1153424/press-release-st...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two corrections to previous posts:
First, this is probably *half* of Promos 2. Assume the other half
will be with a KS campaign for the next expansion.

Second, MSRP is $50 for the base game, per Stronghold's press release. MSRP for expansions is unknown, but can be roughly put at $25-35 based on KS prices. I would guess $30 personally, but I have nothing but my instinct to back that up. YMMV.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RRP for the base game is £45 over here. That's $75, so $100 for the base game and two expansions is looking increasingly tempting...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Gambatese
United States
Mentor
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
$100 is just a little too expensive ... and this is coming from someone who has backed over 75 projects on kickstarter ... Its only cards ... just costs a little more then what its worth ... if you got some of the extras that they are charging for then maybe but at present (especially since you are not getting any exclussives) there is no reason not to wait and just get the exact same thing for $60-$65 later this year.

I am a little tired of paying such a premium for all these kickstarter games ... Of course I did make about $1200 on Zombicide but the norm on kickstarter is to pay a 30-40% premium for the game to get it to print with the hope of at least getting a few exclusives for all my hard earned premium payment, or at least to try and get a new game to market ... this is not the case here and with no exclussives I guess I will just have to play one of the other 450 or so games I have until this one shows up
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.