Michael S
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
"In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit..."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The ship comes with two sets of drone tokens Im assuming one for each captain. I was wondering if anyone has figured out just how they work yet. The description is a bit wordy and confusing and I bet its super simple and I am over thinking it. If anyone has really grasped this would you mind breaking it down for me on here. Thanks, sorry if this is a silly question I want to make sure Im playing them correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael S
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
"In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit..."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me at least give it a shot to see if I am close.

For Tactical Drone captain you would take the tokens

4 "start" (drone token side) 4 (captain skill side)
4 (drone token side) 3 (captain skill side)
3 (drone token side) 2 (captain skill side)
2 (drone token side) 1 (captain skill side)
1 (drone token side) 0 (captain skill side)

The 4 "start" (drone token) would go next to your ship captain skill side up. The rest on the captain card with the 4 visible follwed by 3,2,1.

Anytime you use the captains ability the token beside the ship is discarded and then replaced by the next token on the captain card essentially dropping your captain skill from 4 to 3?

The token number next to your ship (captain skill) should always equal the remaining number of tokens left on your captain card.

Is this correct?

Replacing using seven of nine would work in reverse so lets say you had 3 tokens left on your captain card (3,2,1) and as an action you used seven of nine to get 2 tokens back. You would take the token next to your ship and place it back on top of the pile then take one of the spent tokens on top of that same pile followed by a second spent token placing it next to your ship captain side up, basically starting you back at where you were at game start.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Thorpe
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's how I understand it too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Stair
United States
Macon Area
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Rouse
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
I've run across this the other day and want to see what the opinion of the ruling is on this one...

Stunned Helmsman
Damage Card

Text:

"The next time you attack, do not roll any attack dice. Then flip this card face down."

Tactical Drone
Borg Captain

Text:

"At the start of the game, place 4 Drone Tokens on this card. When attacking, you may spend 1 Drone Token to choose any number of your attack dice and re-roll them once."

In a situation in which this critical damage card is active could a drone be spent to roll the attack dice?

I read this as an effect that wears off during the first attack. The idea of the card is that you lose an attack ( or auto-roll blanks) As it flips down, another effect is allowing for a re-roll?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How could you REroll something that was never rolled?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
phoenixfire99 wrote:
I've run across this the other day and want to see what the opinion of the ruling is on this one...

Stunned Helmsman
Damage Card

Text:

"The next time you attack, do not roll any attack dice. Then flip this card face down."

Tactical Drone
Borg Captain

Text:

"At the start of the game, place 4 Drone Tokens on this card. When attacking, you may spend 1 Drone Token to choose any number of your attack dice and re-roll them once."

In a situation in which this critical damage card is active could a drone be spent to roll the attack dice?

I read this as an effect that wears off during the first attack. The idea of the card is that you lose an attack ( or auto-roll blanks) As it flips down, another effect is allowing for a re-roll?

Wouldn't work. You rolled 0 dice in your attack. There is nothing to reroll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Rouse
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
That was the conclusion, and I figured as such.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Voshall
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would actually go quite the other way on that particular case - since you are rolling an attack of 0 dice, you can[/] reroll all of the dice for the attack, thus rerolling 0 attack dice.

As for [i]why
you would do so, well, that's another discussion entirely (though it would usually be quite along the lines of why you would reroll with a TL in that same circumstance).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Taylor
United States
flag msg tools
The token system for the sphere was a bit convoluted at first glance I thought. But the way it was explained here makes it less so. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nelson
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magius wrote:
I would actually go quite the other way on that particular case - since you are rolling an attack of 0 dice, you can[/] reroll all of the dice for the attack, thus rerolling 0 attack dice.

As for [i]why
you would do so, well, that's another discussion entirely (though it would usually be quite along the lines of why you would reroll with a TL in that same circumstance).

Lowering your captain skill?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.