Hide
8 Posts

Dungeons & Dragons: The Legend of Drizzt Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: When do you use allies? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Murray
msg tools
Just wondering when you would use the Adventure cards and ally cards like that panther.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Jackson
United States
Thousand Oaks
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I place a couple Ally Encounter cards in the Encounter deck. You can find some here.

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/89232/ally-encounter-cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Miller
United States
Stigler
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The panther is summoned by one of Drizzt's Utility Powers. Snort (the warthog) is summoned by one of Athrogate's. The ones with the same name as your party members aren't mentioned anywhere in official materials AFAIK; they're just there for homemade variants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
SlebRittie wrote:
The ones with the same name as your party members aren't mentioned anywhere in official materials AFAIK; they're just there for homemade variants.

At least Wulfgar is used in one of the adventures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Murray
msg tools
GSReis wrote:
SlebRittie wrote:
The ones with the same name as your party members aren't mentioned anywhere in official materials AFAIK; they're just there for homemade variants.

At least Wulfgar is used in one of the adventures.

I just played that adventure. I suppose you can use the other ally cards if you have too few players? Or does this throw things off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Gianthogweed wrote:
I suppose you can use the other ally cards if you have too few players?

Not by the rules. You seem to assume that the game is harder with fewer players, but remember that villains activate on every player turn, and with more heroes, you also have more monsters. I think the game is fairly balanced with any number of players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orlando Neto
Brazil
Rio das Ostras
Rio de Janeiro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use allies as mercs that you can hire before any adventure. you can also equip or heal them.
Do the math for the merc price: HPx400 gold so you can hide an ally with 3hp for 1200gp.
Or you can add the Familiar voice encounter card in the mix.
I use some "side quests" made by me and one of them is rescue an ally, after that quest you can use it for the main goal of the dungeon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried to insert some allies into the room event decks for each game. NinjaDorg and GeckoTh deserve most of the credit for the ally idea. I think Katrina was part of NinjaDorg's original Ravenloft deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.