Popular Tags: [View All]
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, so I don't really follow updates and comments and whatnot after backing a game. I just wait for the game to show up.

But was I the only one surprised to see the game come... with no box??? I guess it saves money, which is cool for the publisher, and for gamers to the extent that the cost savings trickle down, but it really makes it a drag when it comes to storage and integrating with other games on the shelf.

Not a huge deal in the big scheme of things. Just a little surprised.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Griffin Patterson
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
It is a unique take on game storage, but I think it's quite a nice niche. It is a slight inconvenience for those that have massive shelves of games, but it is interesting that we use boxes to prevent bending of components and have gotten so used to it. I think Dungeon Dice made a good call on the bags as it means their game has to go on top
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Briggs
United States
Farmington
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the saving money aspect, but am planning to make my own actual wood box. I would have preferred a box option vs the huge bag. But as a HUGE plus. These dice look great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmb
051276 wrote:
I like the saving money aspect, but am planning to make my own actual wood box. I would have preferred a box option vs the huge bag. But as a HUGE plus. These dice look great.

Not having a box is a disappointment. I know my FLGS will not carry a game that does not fit on a shelf (unless it is something small and fits on a pegboard). I showed them my copy of Dungeon Dice and they said that they wouldn't be ordering any copies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Mott
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't mind the bags.

EDIT:
And frankly, it fits better on my shelves than a box would have. I have many slots and gaps on my shelves that are too small for a big square box (caused by the varying widths and heights of my many, many games). This game slips into one of those spaces perfectly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gingold
United States
Goodyear
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Frankly, I do not understand the reasoning behind behind shipping the game in a giant dice bag. I guess the idea sounds cute but it was horrible in execution. The storage bag is plain black and simply says Dungeon Dice on it. If I saw it in a game shop, I would skip right over it. The bag is not visually appealing and does not give me any idea about what type of game it is or the game play inside. For a small company releasing their first (I think it is their first) major game, it sure seems like a horrible marketing error.

I should add that I am not a fan of bags, tins, etc. I want a box for my games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Bryant
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was skeptical at first too, but the giant dice bag is definitely part of the game's charm. It says MANY POUNDS OF DICE!!!! from the word go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Potluck Games

Utah
msg tools
publisher
badge
I personally thought it fit the game really well. And I'm happy with the final product.

I'm curious how many of you prefer it in a bag?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmb
Potluck Games wrote:
I personally thought it fit the game really well. And I'm happy with the final product.

If I were you I would specifically poll retailers and even your distribution channels to see what they would prefer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M S
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Love the bag. Hangs nicely on a hook next to my book case. Essentially takes up no space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Potluck Games

Utah
msg tools
publisher
badge
Bobby4th wrote:
Potluck Games wrote:

If I were you I would specifically poll retailers and even your distribution channels to see what they would prefer.

We are content to focus on online sales, at least for the time being. I'm mostly concerned with keeping backers happy. I want everyone to get a quality product.

I understand you're disappointed, and I hope that is not very common.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gingold
United States
Goodyear
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Potluck Games wrote:
Bobby4th wrote:
Potluck Games wrote:

We are content to focus on online sales, at least for the time being. I'm mostly concerned with keeping backers happy. I want everyone to get a quality product.

I understand you're disappointed, and I hope that is not very common.

I think you definitely delivered a quality product. I really liked the way you ran the kickstarter and kept us updated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Pecorelli
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the bag is great. When I go to game nights I carry a duffle bag of games. There's always extra room due to different box sizes. The bag will always fit in those extra spaces, which means Dungeon Dice will always be available to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Lawrence
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mb
Count me as satisfied with the bag. Of course, I did get the one with the cute little art on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nancy Durgin
United States
Tijeras
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have mine yet, but I'm fine with a bag instead of a box. Doesn't everybody have at least one catch-all spot for storing odd-shaped games? Mine will go there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
binary sunrise

Christiansburg
Virginia
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't mind the bag. I agree the design of the basic black bag is a bit too simple, but it gets the job done. Now were Potluck to sell this in a store....it'd need a complete re-do. As for selling online, I think it'd be nice if everything was put in the basic black bag, and a retail tag attached to the top. (I'm imagining expectations of purchasers - like if I bought it off your website I might think it was strange, but would ultimately be ok with it. But if I bought it as a gift....that might be different).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Lloyd
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
badge
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
mbmbmbmbmb
I would have prefered a box and will be printing off a couple of stickers to slap on a box so it fits on my shelves.

Peace

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Briggs
United States
Farmington
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To add to my previous comment. Yes would have rather gotten this in a box to fit it more easily on my shelf. However I knew as every other back should have that it was going to be in a bag. I have gone thought all of the dice I got for 2 sets and a 5th player set. And these are some oft best dice from and indie board game company I have ever seen, maybe better that some larger companies. On the subject of the large bag. I actually like the plain black with the with logo. And I got the basic bags. All are very well made. I do this the yellow needs to be less see through. But will just have to make sure no one cheats when pulling treasure. The one thing that would be nice if potluck could do is an image of each color bag and to one side the dice that go into that bag, along with any exclusives pulled down into a separate stack. I think I got everything correct but would be nice to have a little reassurance that I did it right. Over all Potluck did a fantastic job and I can tell you from experience that their customer service is quick to ensure any issues are fixed. I know I am eagerly waiting for their expansion project to start and will continue supporting them if this is there standards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hilary Hartman
United States
GLENNALLEN
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
Just your friendly, neighborhood game player and superhero!
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me among those who like the bag!!! Looks awesome jammed full of dicey goodness.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lockwood
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bobby4th wrote:
051276 wrote:

Not having a box is a disappointment. I know my FLGS will not carry a game that does not fit on a shelf (unless it is something small and fits on a pegboard). I showed them my copy of Dungeon Dice and they said that they wouldn't be ordering any copies.

Out of curiosity which store is your FLGS?

EDIT

Also raise your hand if it came in a box and after a couple expansions you would just PLANO it anyway...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hobby lobby sells small chests.
That's my intention here, to keep the bags in the chest.
Will probably use the larger bag as a liner for the bottom of the chest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jackson
United States
Versailles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to put my copy in a box.

Then put that box in an even bigger bag.

Ok, maybe not.

My main concerns are creasing the manuals or playmats (mousepads). And getting the bag dirty (my version came in white). I'll probably either re-purpose a box I have lying around and stick a dungeon dice logo on it, or find a plastic box at the store that it will fit in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmb
CarelessOpossum wrote:
I'm going to put my copy in a box.

Then put that box in an even bigger bag.

Ok, maybe not.

My main concerns are creasing the manuals or playmats (mousepads). And getting the bag dirty (my version came in white). I'll probably either re-purpose a box I have lying around and stick a dungeon dice logo on it, or find a plastic box at the store that it will fit in.

I am using a 4L "Really Useful Box" that you can get at Staples or Office Max. The problem is there is a lot of extra space, but it is the box that works best with the manual. The smaller ones I have will fit the dice, but the manual is just a hair too big for it.

If you are using player mats it might work well for you. My big black bag for storing the game will probably end up suffer in a drawer somewhere. I will also probably not back the expansion if there isn't a box that will hold everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Link
United States
Pasadena
Maryland
flag msg tools
ropya wrote:
Hobby lobby sells small chests.
That's my intention here, to keep the bags in the chest.
Will probably use the larger bag as a liner for the bottom of the chest.

Let us know how it works out. I think that'd be pretty cool!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Griffin Patterson
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
How will you be incorperating the expansions into the base game? Will it come in a small bag that will go in the main bag or will it be boxed? (Personally, I'd rather have the former)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.