Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
18 Posts

Warhammer: Diskwars» Forums » General

Subject: Which Chaos hero would you like to see in the upcoming expansion? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Asen Aleksandrov
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Poll
Which Chaos hero would you most like to see in Legions of Darkness?
Sigvald the Magnificent
Festus the Leechlord
Vilitch the Curseling
Wulfrik the Wanderer
Throgg the King of Trolls
Scyla Anfingrimm
Galrauch
Kholek Suneater
      25 answers
Poll created by peterpotamus
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ
United Kingdom
Colchester
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
I thought the expansions contained new units for the original factions but the heroes were aligned to the new armies- am I missing something!?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asen Aleksandrov
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
elgin_j wrote:
I thought the expansions contained new units for the original factions but the heroes were aligned to the new armies- am I missing something!?

I am guessing there will be one new hero for the each of the four original armies. Wishguessing, more like.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I really would have liked FFG to expand the existing armies more before introducing 6 new ones...

I'm not a big fan of mixed race armies...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew McGrady
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
I'm less concerned about getting new Chaos heroes and way more concerned about getting some good Chaos units.

After playing many games I feel strongly that Chaos is the weakest faction right now. Their heroes are good and the Blood Thirster is great but all of their other units seem to have almost fatal flaws.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
andymcgrady wrote:
I'm less concerned about getting new Chaos heroes and way more concerned about getting some good Chaos units.

After playing many games I feel strongly that Chaos is the weakest faction right now. Their heroes are good and the Blood Thirster is great but all of their other units seem to have almost fatal flaws.


You're right, but I really like the Hellstriders as well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hinkes
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I sure they will eventually let you field complete armies of a single race. I'm really looking forward to having a full Skaven army.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MechaBri Zilla
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thegrinder wrote:
I really would have liked FFG to expand the existing armies more before introducing 6 new ones...

I'm not a big fan of mixed race armies...


This way is better. Not only do more playable races bring more players to the table. But if they expand the original armies too much an faction that's added later will have a difficult time catching up.

I tend to go for single race armies as well, but I like that FFG is putting their cards on the table and letting us know what we're getting.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew McGrady
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
I like the Hellstriders fairly well also. Blood Crushers are ok but their randomness makes it difficult to utilize them optimally.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
andymcgrady wrote:
I like the Hellstriders fairly well also. Blood Crushers are ok but their randomness makes it difficult to utilize them optimally.



That is very true!

Quote:
This way is better. Not only do more playable races bring more players to the table. But if they expand the original armies too much an faction that's added later will have a difficult time catching up.

I tend to go for single race armies as well, but I like that FFG is putting their cards on the table and letting us know what we're getting.


You're right, it's probably my fault for wanting too much too fast

I hope that we can get a second pair of expansions in 2014, but I'm not so sure we will...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rosalind Chapman
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sigvald or Wulfrik could have a neat dueling mechanic. But I had to vote for Festus, so many great options for what his ability could be.

I would really like chaos to be expanded enough to run god specific or undivided armies.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asen Aleksandrov
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
reidmchap wrote:
Sigvald or Wulfrik could have a neat dueling mechanic. But I had to vote for Festus, so many great options for what his ability could be.

I would really like chaos to be expanded enough to run god specific or undivided armies.


I prefer Sigvald, but I have a feeling it will be Festus. Khorne and Tzeentch already got their own heroes, and while both Nurgle and Slaanesh are underrepresented so far, there will be Daemonettes in the expansion.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riku Riekkinen
Finland
Jyväskylä
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
andymcgrady wrote:
I'm less concerned about getting new Chaos heroes and way more concerned about getting some good Chaos units.

After playing many games I feel strongly that Chaos is the weakest faction right now. Their heroes are good and the Blood Thirster is great but all of their other units seem to have almost fatal flaws.


I feel exact opposite. Heroes are bad & units good. Orc are weakest faction in my mind in side remark.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asen Aleksandrov
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Riku Riekkinen wrote:
andymcgrady wrote:
...I feel strongly that Chaos is the weakest faction right now. Their heroes are good and the Blood Thirster is great but all of their other units seem to have almost fatal flaws.


I feel exact opposite. Heroes are bad & units good.


Please explain. I agree Chaos heroes are bad (Archaon is ok), but their units, with the notable exception of BT, are such a gimmicky mix of dice-dependent underperformers imo.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riku Riekkinen
Finland
Jyväskylä
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
I hate only Kurgan Marauders. They are too weak (low tough) for basic grunts. Others are ok

Plague Beareres are my favourite - very tough small disks with a leadership ability

Sorcs are kind of meh - they are good vs elves, if you donj't count for Speed of Asuryan which makes elves better (and Shield of course)... well anyway elves being way better here is bacause of command cards, not because of disks

Hellstriders are about the best fast unit (beter than Hochland / Wolves / Ellyrians) thought it still sucks

Hellcannon is ok when you learn to use it. d6 magic damage is very good & close impact threat is also ok

Flamers are like crossbowmen but with +1 all stats (&cost). I like them. They are not as easy kills as other bowmen (more like Maiden Guard)

Bloodcrushers are weaker than Knights Panther but better than Boar Boys in my opinion.

Also as a remark... Chaos cards are better than Orc cards.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Bottorff
msg tools
mb
I think that by and large chaos units are alright (though it's tricky to use marauders well) but they lack the synergy of other factions but this is made up for by the power of their command cards and heros.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ
United Kingdom
Colchester
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Riku Riekkinen wrote:

Hellstriders are about the best fast unit (beter than Hochland / Wolves / Ellyrians) thought it still sucks.

Hellcannon is ok when you learn to use it. d6 magic damage is very good & close impact threat is also ok.


I'm going to disagree on the above. Ellyrians are the best light cavalry but only because they can ally with Karl Franz. In synergy an Order 3 card can be used to bring Ellyrians onto the battlefield and immediately assault an enemy seige weapon or enter the deployment zone.

The Hellcannon is of limited utilty as its arcane attack can be halved by Elf Mages. It is good against Empire Panthers and the Steam Tank but these can ally with elves and so the effect can be negated also. If it were True Damage then it would be awesome.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asen Aleksandrov
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
I gotta say, I am a little surprised by all the love Throgg is getting.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.