Sentinels of the Multiverse» Forums » Sessions

Subject: 1st Victory! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc Jordan Cruz
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tried the game again on a solo session. Following the previous tips I got here, I played 5 Heroes! Used a randomizer app and here's what I got:

Villain: Baron Blade
Environment: Realm of Discord
Heroes: Unity, Ra, Haka, The Scholar and The Wraith (Hero turns go in this order)

Baron Blade is a difficulty 1 Villain so yeah, not a biggie. But the Hero line-up is really interesting so I decided to play it out.

Unity's golem mechanic is quite fun. I was able to drop bee and cryo bot 1st turn. Ra has been the main hitter. At least for the good half of the game. Thanks to his staff and his one shot that allows you to use additional Powers every turn.
Haka's draw-discard surprised me as well. His dominion ongoing worked well with Unity's bee bot environment card removal.
The Scholar, as expected, had a lot of deck and hand manipulation mechanic which is always fun.
And of course, The Wraith. Lots of cool equipments that do a lot of stuff. At the very least can be converted by Unity to one of her golems.

The Heroes pretty much were able to do their "thing". With major blows fron Ra ans followed through by his teammates, Baron Blade flipped in no time.

The Environment cards proved helpful. Bee bot's removal effect worked wonders for controlling what Environment card stays or leaves.

The winning strike came from Haka. With his hand cards piling up really fast with all those draws, one Haka of Battle loaded with 15 discardes cards took down the wide open Baron!

Another favorite of mine was when the Environment card Ghostly Forms came up. And then revealing The Scholar's card with similar effect. Fun combos!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Schmoll
United States
Raleigh
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats on your victory!

And that does sound like a fun lineup. The Scholar is one of my favorites, and Unity is one of my fiancee's favorites, so I'm fairly used to seeing the fun of those two laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abe Arceo
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Woo hoo congrats on the 1st victory! I've only started playing this recently and am slowly getting out of my "comfort zone" and forcing myself to try new characters with each game. I think The Scholar and Unity will be up next

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kingofsouls master of the 27 skies and a generally good lookin guy
United States
California
flag msg tools
I agree that Scholar would be a good choice for next hero to play. When he gets going, he tanks like a boss. Just be ready to have a hero punch him occasionally so he has some damage to heal: He can't do much if he's at full HP.

As for next villain, who do you plan on going up against next?

Also, congrats on your first win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.