tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
That's funny, the same game (at the same sale price of $19.99) was part of CSI's daily sale just yesterday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
That's funny, the same game (at the same sale price of $19.99) was part of CSI's daily sale just yesterday.

Not a good sign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panda Bear
United States
Clearwater
Florida
flag msg tools
I love CCGs/LCGs/Dice Games
badge
Everyday I'm Shufflin
mbmbmbmbmb
You can get an extra $1 off it with promo TKEFV.

Thought it would just be related to the minis, but apparently it is anything with that name.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abe Arceo
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Hmm, has anyone played this game? I remember awhile back someone wanted to demo off the Warmachine version of High Command, but I didn't get a chance to make it out to that. Not sure if I'd spring for the Horde version of this, unless someone can really vouch for it.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hébert
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played Warmachine High Command (not Hordes) at BGG CON in 2013, and based on that bought it. More direct player interaction than other deck builders. My son and I enjoy it and picked up a couple of the expansions. I think it's kind of a sleeper (more game there than people realize).

At $20, if you like deck builders and want more opportunity to compete against the other players, it's an easy recommendation, and of course quite portable.

I do not know anything about Hordes, other than it's the D&D/Fantasy side of the game mechanic; and the two can be mixed and played together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
IronSerif wrote:
Not sure if I'd spring for the Horde version of this, unless someone can really vouch for it.
Early reviews for the Warmachine version weren't kind (I believe Joel Eddy summarized it as "the biggest disappointment of Gen Con 2013" and Tom Vasel seemed unimpressed with the Hordes version as well,) and the hype died out pretty quickly. On one hand I understand people are likely dealing with "deckbuilder fatigue" but on the other hand if FFG released this I can't help but think it would have the typical legion of true-believers who stand up for it at every opportunity. Maybe the Warmachine/Hordes Privateer Press background doesn't breed the sort of rabid loyalty that an FFG product would promote.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth James
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
IronSerif wrote:
Not sure if I'd spring for the Horde version of this, unless someone can really vouch for it.
Early reviews for the Warmachine version weren't kind (I believe Joel Eddy summarized it as "the biggest disappointment of Gen Con 2013" and Tom Vasel seemed unimpressed with the Hordes version as well,) and the hype died out pretty quickly. On one hand I understand people are likely dealing with "deckbuilder fatigue" but on the other hand if FFG released this I can't help but think it would have the typical legion of true-believers who stand up for it at every opportunity. Maybe the Warmachine/Hordes Privateer Press background doesn't breed the sort of rabid loyalty that an FFG product would promote.

It also suffers from serious balance issues. Circle Orboros is night unbeatable, at least in our games. I have both the Warmachine and Hordes version, and we've enjoyed them, but having to ban an entire faction was kind of a downer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:

And maybe a bad game is simply that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
IronSerif wrote:

While this site obviously has more FFG fans, you'd be, in my opinion, completely wrong if you think the FFG fanboys are more rabid than the Privateer Press ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Chew
United States
Concord Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Attack dog
mbmbmbmbmb
Idaho11 wrote:
fightcitymayor wrote:
IronSerif wrote:

While this site obviously has more FFG fans, you'd be, in my opinion, completely wrong if you think the FFG fanboys are more rabid than the Privateer Press ones.

True, but most privateer press fans are only in it for hordes and warmachine. Most of the players I know don't play board and card games at all. I haven't played enough to see its flaws, but each time I've played the game it was pretty fun. Fun enough to get in on this deal and the 2 expansions out for it. Its a deck builder, but there is some customization to your deck before you even play which makes it interesting and more competitive. The organized tournaments for it are 1V1 as well which is interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.