Caught in a mechanism
I tried it and it is a fun half hour. Also useful for new players to familiarize themselves with the starbase deck.
1. Set up the game as usual.
2. Game lasts 20 turns. Use a d20 as a clock.
3. Between turns, search away 2 random cards from starbase. You may roll 1d20 and divide by 2, rounding down, to select each card to be discarded (reroll on 1s and 20s).
4. During the second half of the game (turns 11 to 20), take 1d20 minus 12 of damage in the begining of every turn (i.e., your ship receives between zero and 8 damage every turn, having 60% probability of no damage). If your ship is destroyed, gain 1 ensign and reshuffle, as usual.
5. When exploring the space deck, ignore battles.
6. Your objective is to beat your previous highest score.
Rule 4 accounts for eventual skirmishes with Klingons, meteorites on the windshield and general amortization and depreciation of the Enterprise. For a harder game, begin taking damage on turn 5.
PS: "Tribble shower" variant. If you have tribble cards, begin the game with 1 tribble in your deck. Every time you play a tribble, gain 1 tribble.
PPS: "Attack of the Zombie Red Shirts" variant. Every time you play a basic character, gain 1 ensign. Ensigns cannot be trashed.
- Last edited Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:24 pm (Total Number of Edits: 2)
- Posted Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:34 pm