Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
235 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [10] | 

Cthulhu Wars» Forums » General

Subject: All CE figures unlocked rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Recent KS update - all the CE figures are now unlocked to make up for delays (September shipment). They also hint at another surprise.

So a total of 14(?) CE figures are now being shipped out to those who qualify for them.

Good update!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kataskicana Kataskicana
msg tools
A good update? We have different standards I guess.

The game that was supposed to be delivered in 6 months ago, I mean this month... is now going to be delivered in 6 months...

I understand slips. They didn't find out today that it was going to be shipping in 6 months (we hope!) and not tomorrow. It is BS to not update the people who have ALREADY PAID for the game as soon as they know the status changes.

The update that was posted took about 90 seconds to write and post. I'm betting they have the internet in China or wherever he was travelling... could have made that update earlier.

Oh well... guess I'll be back to complain again in 6 months when it is delayed again.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Lanrezac
France
Chatou
Yvelines
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure I'm happy to trade another six month delays for figs that will bring no gameplay whatsoever
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kataskicana wrote:
A good update? We have different standards I guess.

The game that was supposed to be delivered in 6 months ago, I mean this month... is now going to be delivered in 6 months...

I understand slips. They didn't find out today that it was going to be shipping in 6 months (we hope!) and not tomorrow. It is BS to not update the people who have ALREADY PAID for the game as soon as they know the status changes.

The update that was posted took about 90 seconds to write and post. I'm betting they have the internet in China or wherever he was travelling... could have made that update earlier.

Oh well... guess I'll be back to complain again in 6 months when it is delayed again.


The delay was not specified as 6 months.

There will be another update, in a week or so according to Cody, with more specific timeframes for the shipping dates. They do not know yet exactly.

EDIT:

[the below information was written with the best of knowledge at the time, according to personal conversations with Cody yesterday. No need to get upset if it turns out in an hour that I was wrong.]

The delay is unlikely to be as much as 6 months. There is a long and complicated story with the manufacturer(s) that I am not at liberty to discuss (nor do I know the full story anyway). Suffice it to say, CW is a very complicated and costly game to produce. (for example, the prototypes have had to be sent more than once, which is not a usual thing).

Compare CW to other supermassive kickstarted board games. Is the timeframe actually much longer? I am not asking a rhetorical question I know the answer to, but I would guess that small companies making huge projects do not have swift timelines. CW is no different, Stars Being Right notwithstanding.



4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't treat Kickstarter like a pre-order store. It's not. Treat all delivery estimates during a campaign as hopeful suggestions. Rule of thumb.
26 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander McKinney
United States
Fort Lauderdale
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance of a picture of what some of these look like?

I'm not thrilled by the continued (if understandable) backsliding in dates, but I would like to know what some of these collector's figures look like.

If there is a pic of a Bhole, Gug, Shantak, etc, please point me at it. It's not essential, but I am a bit curious.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kataskicana wrote:
A good update? We have different standards I guess.


Yep, we do. I don't look at KS date estimates when pledging, and I don't pay attention to any details about delays. They're almost universally off by an amount of time that is better measured in fractions of years.

So delays? I don't care, as long as you are staying in contact. I only worry about delivery dates when I stop hearing from the company. However, extra stuff added in for free makes me happy.
14 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
existoid wrote:

[the below information was written with the best of knowledge at the time, according to personal conversations with Cody yesterday. No need to get upset if it turns out in an hour that I was wrong.]


Lol. I appreciate your willingness to respond to criticism made by certain individuals who shall not be named. whistle
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Bazar
United States
Visalia
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Burying the lede!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jb Lovecrafty

California
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I am glad we have an update and now I will just busy myself with games of Eldritch Horror and Twilight Imperium until Cthulhu Wars arrives.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Idaho11 wrote:
existoid wrote:

[the below information was written with the best of knowledge at the time, according to personal conversations with Cody yesterday. No need to get upset if it turns out in an hour that I was wrong.]


Lol. I appreciate your willingness to respond to criticism made by certain individuals who shall not be named. whistle


thanks! I figured I'd put a little disclaimer this time


Idaho11 wrote:
kataskicana wrote:
A good update? We have different standards I guess.


Yep, we do. I don't look at KS date estimates when pledging, and I don't pay attention to any details about delays. They're almost universally off by an amount of time that is better measured in fractions of years.

So delays? I don't care, as long as you are staying in contact. I only worry about delivery dates when I stop hearing from the company. However, extra stuff added in for free makes me happy.


We were hoping the collectors editions would make up for it. The day after (which was many weeks ago) we first heard from the manufacturers that April was not gonna happen Sandy almost immediately thought of this as a compensation, but Cody had to make sure it was economically feasible and needed to be in China to do so, apparently. (And he made sure that the collectors editions being added wouldn't make any further delays either! )


lexifer wrote:
Any chance of a picture of what some of these look like?

I'm not thrilled by the continued (if understandable) backsliding in dates, but I would like to know what some of these collector's figures look like.

If there is a pic of a Bhole, Gug, Shantak, etc, please point me at it. It's not essential, but I am a bit curious.


There might not be individual figures pics of all of them, but check the image galleries.

The bases for the collectors editions are being figured out right now and Rich's designs look pretty cool so far.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Robertson
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys!

I know this is a bit of a let down to everyone... But it's not all bad news either. It gives you more time to upgrade pledges, add more to pre-orders, and it gives us more time to discuss the game.

PLUS... We are getting additional stuff! 34 Collector's Edition miniatures is awesome! You're literally getting one of each monster in the game as an added bonus. I'm stoked! And Cody did say more announcements were headed our way next week. So just take this stuff in stride.

So let's keep spirits up and keep the discussion flowing. And thank you all for being a part of the Cthulhu Wars family with me.

Cthulhu Wars! Game responsibly.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrés Santiago Pérez-Bergquist
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarcasmorator wrote:
Don't treat Kickstarter like a pre-order store. It's not. Treat all delivery estimates during a campaign as hopeful suggestions. Rule of thumb.


Projects that say they'll ship as soon as the campaign closes meet their mark, because everything is already produced. For anything else, add a year to the intended ship date, and you'll be pretty close to reality. When the occasional project is only six months late, then you'll be pleasantly surprised.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RobertGhent wrote:
Hey guys!

I know this is a bit of a let down to everyone... But it's not all bad news either. It gives you more time to upgrade pledges, add more to pre-orders, and it gives us more time to discuss the game.

PLUS... We are getting additional stuff! 34 Collector's Edition miniatures is awesome! You're literally getting one of each monster in the game as an added bonus. I'm stoked! And Cody did say more announcements were headed our way next week. So just take this stuff in stride.

So let's keep spirits up and keep the discussion flowing. And thank you all for being a part of the Cthulhu Wars family with me.

Cthulhu Wars! Game responsibly.


Yeah, well, for me, this is no let down whatsoever. As mentioned upthread, delivery estimates on KS are just that... estimates. Very, very rough estimates. Delays happen.

So getting more miniatures for the same price? Yeah, I'm a happy camper.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Larsen
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
The Joeymans chose one to lead them.....The Joeyman
badge
Anyone who thinks that Avatar is a guy with a blue face needs an airbender
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I too will joing the camp of people who aren't surprised, but also glad to be getting something extra out of an expected delay (expected by me).
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Santiago wrote:
Sarcasmorator wrote:
Don't treat Kickstarter like a pre-order store. It's not. Treat all delivery estimates during a campaign as hopeful suggestions. Rule of thumb.


Projects that say they'll ship as soon as the campaign closes meet their mark, because everything is already produced. For anything else, add a year to the intended ship date, and you'll be pretty close to reality. When the occasional project is only six months late, then you'll be pleasantly surprised.


That's a good rule of thumb I'm sure.

Last summer GEG had no real idea of how long it would take (although a manufacturer contacted Sandy the day after the KS launched, they did not end up going with that manufacturer). Additionally, we didn't even know that we didn't know how to estimate the delivery date!

And this spring we're learning that even when the process is far along, there can be surprise delays (as happened with the initial April delivery date told to us by the manufacturer that is now changed).

Such is life!

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sid Rain
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Expecting Kingdom Death to >fingers crossed< ship sometime in Q2, so that delay will give me a chance to assemble, paint, and play with that project. Sucks cause I was hoping to break CW out at Origins and I have an ongoing Call of Chthulhu-esque game that I wanted to bust out with H_____ and the King in Yellow, but that will have to wait. Still, it's great to get the extra collector figures, especially because I remember we were within arm's reach of one of the figures in the last few minutes of the KS campaign.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander McKinney
United States
Fort Lauderdale
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RobertGhent wrote:
Hey guys!
PLUS... We are getting additional stuff! 34 Collector's Edition miniatures is awesome! You're literally getting one of each monster in the game as an added bonus. I'm stoked! And Cody did say more announcements were headed our way next week. So just take this stuff in stride.


I thought it was 14, not 34? I considered that you'd made a typo, but 14 isn't one of each monster in the game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Santiago wrote:

Projects that say they'll ship as soon as the campaign closes meet their mark, because everything is already produced.


Which, just to get on my high horse for a moment, means they shouldn't really be on KS to begin with. But KS is no longer about crowdfunding (because there's more money to be made in being crowdfunding AND ______ ) exclusively.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Robertson
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
existoid wrote:
The delay is unlikely to be as much as 6 months. There is a long and complicated story with the manufacturer(s) that I am not at liberty to discuss (nor do I know the full story anyway). Suffice it to say, CW is a very complicated and costly game to produce. (for example, the prototypes have had to be sent more than once, which is not a usual thing).


I made this exact point on the thread below:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1156393/why-the-price-di...

The production process for a game this complex is staggering. Each one of the individual units comes from a mold. The dyes, colorings, and plastic used to produce them have to be carefully calibrated. And even then it's not always a guaranteed success. Often times the molds have to be redone to compensate for too much or too little detail. They can also run into issues where the plastic leaks down causing deformities in the finished product. So this all has to be setup, tested, altered, setup again, tested, and perhaps repeated again. This can take quite a bit of time and expense to perfect.

And as I mentioned in the post above... That's just dealing with the production of the miniatures. It's not taking into account the other items such as rule books, desecration tokens, dice, faction card sheets, etc. Each one of these have their own process in the production line. And each one requires careful planning, setup, and maintenance to ensure quality as well as product compliance.

Most of us actually expected an update like this. Green Eye Games employees and Petersen family members have kept us updated every step of the way since the Kickstarter. Companies like this are few and far between. And if you've been a part of previous Kickstart programs you know this is NOT a common occurence. So I appreciate every bit of news I get on a daily basis. It keeps me coming back for more!

lexifer wrote:
I thought it was 14, not 34? I considered that you'd made a typo, but 14 isn't one of each monster in the game.


Unlocked Figures

Free Cultist Figure - 1
Free Deep One - 1
Free Undead - 1
Free Mutant - 1
Free Nightgaunt - 1
Free Wizard - 1
Free Ghoul - 1
Free Wendigo - 1
Free Shoggoth - 1
Free Byakhee - 1
Free Abomination - 1
Free Fungi - 1
Free Serpent Man - 1
Free Flying Polyp - 1
Free Spawn of Yog-Sothoth - 1
Free Star Spawn - 1
Free Gnoph-keh - 1
Free Hunting Horror - 1
Free Formless Spawn - 1
Free Dark Young - 1
Free High Priest - 1
Free Zoog - 1
Free Ghast - 1
Free Moonbeast - 1
Free Dimensional Shambler - 1
Free Leng Spider - 1
Free Slime Mold - 1
Free Elder Thing - 1
Free Knorri - 1
Free Star Vampire - 1
Free Servitor of the Outer Gods - 1
Free Gug - 1
Free Shantak - 1
Free Bhole - 1

Total Figures: 34

I am not quite sure how you achieved your count "lexifer". But if you go down the Kickstarter unlocks you will find my list is accurate.

Again... Thank you all for being a part of the Cthulhu Wars family! It's much appreciated.

Cthulhu Wars! Game responsibly.
14 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
lexifer wrote:
RobertGhent wrote:
Hey guys!
PLUS... We are getting additional stuff! 34 Collector's Edition miniatures is awesome! You're literally getting one of each monster in the game as an added bonus. I'm stoked! And Cody did say more announcements were headed our way next week. So just take this stuff in stride.


I thought it was 14, not 34? I considered that you'd made a typo, but 14 isn't one of each monster in the game.


The numbers are confusing, but the bottom line is that RobertGhent is correct.

There are 34 collector's edition figures.

All but 9 (25) were actually unlocked by the end of the KS

However, the KS main page displays only 20 of them as unlocked, because the campaign ended before the page could be updated. This means that there are 14 images on the KS page stating that such figures are locked, when 5 of those are technically unlocked. NOW, the remaining 9 are also unlocked. Did you follow that?

Again, the bottom line is that if you get the collectors figures, you will get 34 of them, which as RobertGhent says, is basically one of each monster type, plus the cultist and high priest, plus the Bhole, Zoog, and Slime Mold.

EDIT:
So, what this means, in the end, is that if you pledged at least at the Cultist level (i.e., $150), you get 98 figures (64 in the base game + the 34). That's actually a pretty good deal, even without the game? Or am I wrong about the general price of miniatures? I don't bother ever buying minis because Sandy literally has thousands of them.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander McKinney
United States
Fort Lauderdale
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification on the figures.

It's almost amusing that the bonus figures for Cthulhu Wars will likely take up more space than most games that I own. Claustrophobia will have to look on in jealousy.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Robertson
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
existoid wrote:
So, what this means, in the end, is that if you pledged at least at the Cultist level (i.e., $150), you get 98 figures (64 in the base game + the 34). That's actually a pretty good deal, even without the game? Or am I wrong about the general price of miniatures? I don't bother ever buying minis because Sandy literally has thousands of them.

Now... If you spent $200 or more before S&H... You also unlocked the following 9 Great Old Ones.

Abhoth
Atlach-Nacha
Bokrug
Chaugnar Faugn
Cthugha
Father Dagon
Ghatanothaoa
Mother Hydra
Yig

Plus... If you made a "Book of Ebon" or "De Vermiis Mysteriis" pledge you received "Gobogeg" for FREE as well.

So...

34 free figures + 9 Great Old Ones = 43 free units
34 free figures + 9 Great Old Ones + Gobogeg = 44 free units

That's a lot of value to add to your Kickstarter pledges guys. And I am MOST appreciative to receive them! So for those who did Kickstarter... Here's your chance to possibly upgrade your order to take part of the additional perks associated with each tier! And... Christmas is coming up on us fast. Why not take advantage by buying family members a "Book of Ebon" or "De Vermiis Mysteriis" pledge thereby scoring them all of these freebies too?

Cthulhu Wars! Game responsibly.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shelby Babb
United States
Springdale
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RobertGhent wrote:

Why not take advantage by buying family members a "Book of Ebon" or "De Vermiis Mysteriis" pledge thereby scoring them all of these freebies too?


Please tell me you're not joking, and we can buy DVM pledges still! Because I couldn't get in on the KS, pre-ordered a Necronomicon Bundle, and am just drooling over all the perks DVMs get. Heck, I'd happily pay NB prices for a DVM.

Pretty please!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shelby Babb
United States
Springdale
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarcasmorator wrote:
Don't treat Kickstarter like a pre-order store. It's not. Treat all delivery estimates during a campaign as hopeful suggestions. Rule of thumb.


Well, -I- preordered actually (couldn't afford the KS last year).

As condolence prizes go, I'd say extra figs for backers is a heck of a good one. Then again, I'm just trying not to be jealous and bitter that all I get is a longer wait.



2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [10] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.