Subject: A Realistic World Map? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
C F
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ever since I started playing Talisman, I've been trying to imagine what the map would look like if it was re-drawn in a realistic, standard map, format. Has anyone ever done something like this? I wouldn't even care if you could actually play on it, just putting something like this on my wall would be so incredibly awesome.

I'm not that good with Photoshop, but I'd love to take a rough stab at it. My first thought is that you could take a life-size scan of the map and crop out each square and rotate them into position. Obviously it would be a lot of work, filling in gaps and what to do about the fact that the river borders every single location.

I'm thinking that it might be better to turn the river into an ocean instead where the outer region is an island apart from the middle/inner regions and a long "sea" bridge separates them at their closest points where the guardian lies.

Anyone know where I could find a full-size scan of the map board?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tubb
United States
Fuquay Varina
NC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a good scan of the main board:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
talisman man
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
On the highlands board you can see a 'realistic view' of the main board in the background of one of the squares...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.