Don Matcheck
msg tools
I wanted to warn those of you looking to create custom components for your games to stay away from Superior POD. My experience was initially fantastic. The personalized customer service was absolutely phenomonal. THE OUTSTANDING COMMUNICATION AND CUSTOMER SERVICE ENDED THE SECOND THEY RECIEVED MY PAYMENT.

It's been over two months. A series of polite emails inquiring on the status of my order went unanswered. Phone calls to the company as well as visits to their online chat room go unanswered. An inquiry through the Better Business Bureau? You guessed it, unanswered.

Jeff Valent, the president of Superior POD, oh so helpful at first, has essentially stolen my money and my time.

If anyone has any honest businesses for custom game components I'd be very interested in hearing from you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have also had serious problems with them myself and will never use them again. I switched to The Game Crafter and never looked back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kori
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I placed an order for 9 tuck boxes and two pages of two-sided circle counters with Superior POD over a month ago. When I placed the order they said they were having high volumes and it would take 10-14 days before they shipped my order. It also said that every two days the status of my order would progress to the next step. After about two weeks my order still said "order received" so I sent Jeff an email. He responded immediately and said that my order would be shipping by the end of that week. That day, my order went into "prepress". After another two weeks, my order was still in prepress so I emailed them again. A couple hours later I got a notification that my order was done and shipped. I got my order today and it is a nightmare. The tuck boxes are all glued crooked, the lids barely close, the images are so far off (and I had even done a test run at home and they were perfect), the edges are scored so bad that it ripped the ink right off them and they just plain look like shit. The circle tokens are even worse! Half of them were not cut all the way through so they won't even pop out and the ones that would pop out have ridged, torn edges that will have to be cleaned up. I've emailed them to let them know but I don't have high hopes. Clearly my order was rushed because they had put it off so long and I'm guessing I didn't get ignored like most people do because my order was so small. I will never use them again and would love to hear some other options for game tokens and tuck boxes. Game Crafter is not an option. While their customer service is mostly pretty great, their quality is worse than Superior POD and I don't feel it's worth the money.

Update: Jeff eventually got back to me and promised my order would be replaced, but that was on April 22nd and I have not heard back from him since. I have sent three emails inquiring about my replacement order. I don't expect to hear back from him ever again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Barrett
United States
Schaumburg
IL
flag msg tools
mbmb
Horrible service, 2 months and still waiting on my order. Jeff Valent response to email nothing but condescending and rude. Dont give any of your business to this arrogant prick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.