Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Go
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Eldritch Horror PBF

Current Players: 6/6

Soul_Guile
Xelto
RunWildcat
GregF
strawpedro
Gorlab

Game is full
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please count me in (fully respecting the order of post in the waiting room). I own the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xelto G
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested as well, thank you!

And yes, I own the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Blackford
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
I will also play, and I own the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Filpus
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for stepping up!

I'd be interested if there's space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Cheng
China
Shanghai
Shanghai
flag msg tools
Interested but I don't know if time difference would cause any inconvenience...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walts
Scotland
Kilwinning
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eldritch Horror PBF - How does it work?
I too own the game and would be interested, but I'm not sure how things work in PBF? Do we all have to be online at the same time or do we just login when we can to make our moves? Does the board need to be used 24/7 until the GOO is defeated, or we suffer complete annihilation!?!?

With all the different timezones, the game could last sometime and I generally get a game a week with my copy of EH, so it might be difficult having the board sit to long for a PBF?

Is there a digital board we can use to keep track of things?

Any advice appreciated! ... Walts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Filpus
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tony can answer the specific questions about how he's planning to run things, but you can get an idea about how things go by looking at the other PBF thread: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1137701/eldritch-horror-pbf-...

Normally the moderator will track things digitally and post them, so you don't need to keep your own board set up. The requirement about owning the game is mostly so that we don't rip off FFG. The understanding that's explicit for Battlestar Galactica and implicit for other games is that we don't post the text of the cards, so you consult your own copy to see what a given card does.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
strawpedro wrote:
Interested but I don't know if time difference would cause any inconvenience...

Everyone just logs in and plays when they can. If I feel like its been too long between someone's actions, I'll step in and creatively move things along

Gorlab wrote:
I too own the game and would be interested, but I'm not sure how things work in PBF? Do we all have to be online at the same time or do we just login when we can to make our moves? Does the board need to be used 24/7 until the GOO is defeated, or we suffer complete annihilation!?!?

I will keep track of the board, but I want players to own to game so that when I say you found a Shotgun, I don't have to tell you what it does. You can locate the card and apply the benefits during your actions. Similarly, a mythos card in play with be referenced by title, and you'll want to know the effects (for example the card that prevents you from acquiring assets, I don't want to see people consuming precious time trying to acquire assets when its in play- that could really slow the game down) I hope you understand.

The other PFB is pretty intricate, I will mostly be keeping it together through stories and narrative. I will not have as many of the conveniences as he does.

Thanks for your interests guys- if its okay with everyone, I will most likely start tomorrow in the evening US Mountain Time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Cheng
China
Shanghai
Shanghai
flag msg tools
Welp, I'm in Own the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walts
Scotland
Kilwinning
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that sounds ideal! Count me in too!

Walts

PS: I guess you roll the dice for us?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xelto G
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gorlab wrote:

Some of them, he does. Otherwise, when you're posting, there's a button on the far right of the formatting stuff in the header that says roll. You can use that to make some of the rolls. You post something like this:

I attempt to acquire assets.

You then click the roll button, and in the roll line of the popup box, enter the text Xd6c[5], where X is the number of dice you're rolling, and 5 is the normal number you need for success-- change that number to a 4 or 6 if you're blessed or cursed.

After you do the roll, you submit the post, and see the results. Then edit the post if you want to continue on. (Incidentally, all rolls for a post are kept in a log... deleting the post and retrying it can be seen.)

The resulting post, for Charlie, would look like this:

I attempt to acquire assets5d6c[5] = (4, 6, 3, 1, 5) = 2
Booyah! My personal assistant helps me reroll one of the dice 1d6c[5] = (5) = 1
Beautiful! I acquire the fine clothes, AND the bandages for the inevitable day when my personal assistant stabs me in the back.

If you need to see the raw scores-- like, say, for rolls after you have the fine clothes, click on the blue results button, and it will expand them. For example, 5d6c[5] = (4, 5, 1, 6, 4) = 2, if you click on this two, you'll see that I got a 4, 5, 1, 6, 4. I don't know if there's any way to make the results permanently visible-- I'm relatively new to this myself, and every time I edit this post, the expanded numbers get hidden again-- but they're there for anyone who wants to click the number.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 535678. Xelto
  • 5d6c[5] =
  • (4, 6, 3, 1, 5) =
  • Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:55 pm
  • [+]
  • 535679. Xelto
  • 1d6c[5] =
  • (5) =
  • Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:57 pm
  • [+]
  • 535684. Xelto
  • 5d6c[5] =
  • (4, 5, 1, 6, 4) =
  • Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:59 pm
Xelto G
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Horror Leader wrote:
Thanks for your interests guys- if its okay with everyone, I will most likely start tomorrow in the evening US Mountain Time.

Thanks... this thread now has more than six people replying, and you said priorities were given to various people. You might want to indicate who's in and who's on the waitlist, plus who the ancient one is, so we can start claiming characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walts
Scotland
Kilwinning
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xelto wrote:
Gorlab wrote:

Some of them, he does. Otherwise, when you're posting, there's a button on the far right of the formatting stuff in the header that says roll. You can use that to make some of the rolls. You post something like this:

I attempt to acquire assets.

You then click the roll button, and in the roll line of the popup box, enter the text Xd6c[5], where X is the number of dice you're rolling, and 5 is the normal number you need for success-- change that number to a 4 or 6 if you're blessed or cursed.

After you do the roll, you submit the post, and see the results. Then edit the post if you want to continue on. (Incidentally, all rolls for a post are kept in a log... deleting the post and retrying it can be seen.)

The resulting post, for Charlie, would look like this:

I attempt to acquire assets Xelto previously rolled 5d6c[5] = (4, 6, 3, 1, 5) = 2
Booyah! My personal assistant helps me reroll one of the dice Xelto previously rolled 1d6c[5] = (5) = 1
Beautiful! I acquire the fine clothes, AND the bandages for the inevitable day when my personal assistant stabs me in the back.

If you need to see the raw scores-- like, say, for rolls after you have the fine clothes, click on the blue results button, and it will expand them. For example, Xelto previously rolled 5d6c[5] = (4, 5, 1, 6, 4) = 2, if you click on this two, you'll see that I got a 4, 5, 1, 6, 4. I don't know if there's any way to make the results permanently visible-- I'm relatively new to this myself, and every time I edit this post, the expanded numbers get hidden again-- but they're there for anyone who wants to click the number.

Now that's clever! Def makes PBF a lot easier for us all and gives us a chance to push on with the game ... lock & loaded game master!!!

Walts

... just need to work out with who? I fancy someone completely dif to who I usually pick to mix things up a bit ... mmm ... maybe Diana Stanley or Jac Fine? Maybe it will be a random roll?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 535728. Gorlab
  • 7d6c[5] =
  • (4, 5, 6, 3, 1, 6, 4) =
  • wmg: Tester for how dice work for PBF game!
  • Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:52 pm
Xelto G
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gorlab wrote:
... just need to work out with who? I fancy someone completely dif to who I usually pick to mix things up a bit ... mmm ... maybe Diana Stanley or Jac Fine? Maybe it will be a random roll?

Since our GM has indicated a desire for role-playing, I want to take Charlie. He's incredibly useful once you get past four players, and I should be able to get into the character well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Blackford
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
If I am in the game I will go with Akachi Onyele.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait guys!
We all need to be online at the same time to play a PBF, so let's sync our clocks and hope nobody gets delayed!!

pffff.. just kidding. Thanks Xelto for the quick summary about dice rolls. Sometimes mod/players agree that no edits can be done to a post, when a die roll is required. The player just moves on with his turn by posting another comment. That's the way I like it, to keep the flow of comments clean.

Concerning the investigators maybe we should wait Tony to confirm the players and list who picks first/last (not that I mind who gets who, it's just to avoid confusion).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I currently have these players IN for a game:

Soul_Guile - Norman Withers
Xelto - Charlie Kane
RunWildcat - Akachi Onyele
GregF - Leo Anderson
strawpedro - Lily Chen
Gorlab - Diana Stanley

Everyone please, list your top 3 picks (in order of preference) for investigators and I will use magic to determine who everyone is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walts
Scotland
Kilwinning
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking at Diana Stanley, Jac Fine or Jim Culver ... Walts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Blackford
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Akachi, Diana, or Silas. Staying away from my regular characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xelto G
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Horror Leader wrote:
Everyone please, list your top 3 picks (in order of preference) for investigators and I will use magic to determine who everyone is.

Charlie Kane, Mark Harrigan, Jacqueline Fine

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Cheng
China
Shanghai
Shanghai
flag msg tools
Yay I'm in the game! Thanks so much

Lily Chen, Jim Culver and Trish Scaborough would be my top 3 choices

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Filpus
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Let's say Leo, Jacqueline, Lola.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I am set up and ready to go, waiting on the last player to pick his investigator.

Unless anyone opposes, it looks like the Great Old One will be Cthulhu himself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Norman withers
Diana Stanley
Lily Chen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [9] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.