Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph
United States
Ewing
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Christmas Card Exchange: 2009 - 2014
badge
I play at EPGS on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month and if you live in Eastern PA, Western NJ or Northern DE ... you should too!
mbmbmbmbmb
This Saturday from 10 am to 9 pm the EPGS will be holding its First Saturday of the month meeting in the community room of the Oxford Valley Mall.

Come on out and play a game or two (or 10, you've got 11 hours to play!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Zettlemoyer
United States
Fort Washington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Live It, Love it
badge
If This Be Doomsday...
mbmbmbmbmb
I really want to get out to one of these, but Easter weekend is tough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph
United States
Ewing
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
I play at EPGS on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month and if you live in Eastern PA, Western NJ or Northern DE ... you should too!
mbmbmbmbmb
dirtybacon wrote:
I really want to get out to one of these, but Easter weekend is tough.

I hear ya, I won't be there either. But we meet 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month. If you've never been, your first visit is free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Garnett
United Kingdom
Horley
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bit off topic but I am working for a week in Philly soon this month & wanted to know if there are any stores around the Philly / West Chester area which would carry games from the likes of GMT Games, Strategy & Tactics, etc?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Greenley
United States
Harleysville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Greetings Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say your best bet is the Compleat Strategist in King of Prussia, PA:

http://www.thecompleatstrategist.com/contact-us.aspx

It's been years since I've been there, but they had a big selection last I remember.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bohnenberger
United States
Swarthmore
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If in West Chester, check out The Games Keep. They have basically everything.

https://plus.google.com/101981982380685803539/about?gl=us&hl...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Garnett
United Kingdom
Horley
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies guys. Hopefully with a week I can get to both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph
United States
Ewing
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are looking to browse a store before you buy these are great suggestions. If you're just looking to buy games from over here without markup or shipping, have you considered an online retailer? I live about an hour from Philadelphia and Coolstuffinc orders normally only take 4 days if I hit the free shipping mark.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Garnett
United Kingdom
Horley
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Appreciate the offer Joe but I have family there & have already had 8 parcels sent to them. To be fair 5 of the 8 are only small.
Just wanted to visit a game store or two for more temptation.
I might as well really annoy my wife!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hector Cruz

Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Try Red Caps Corner at 3617 Lancaster Ave in the University City neighborhood (UPenn/Drexel area). Tuesday nights is their board game night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cannon
United States
Annapolis
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Peter,

If you don't mind traveling a bit south you can find everything under the sun at Days of Knights in Newark, DE. It is about 15 minutes off of Interstate 95. If you are in South Philly it is about 45 minutes in Northern Delaware.

An entire wall of choices for GMT, Clash of Arms, and similar military simulations.

Here is the link.

http://www.daysofknights.com/directions.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Kemmerer
United States
West Chester
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey Peter,

I didn't see what week you were going to be in the Philly area, but if it's going to be after Memorial Day weekend, The Games Keep will be closed Sun 5/25 thru Tue 6/3 to move to our new store front (still in West Chester). I haven't had the chance to post up the details or change any of the store info in my profile yet, but hope to get to that later this week. I just wanted to make sure you didn't drive all the way down here that week only to find us closed and in transition. But we'll be open through Sat 5/24 as normal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Garnett
United Kingdom
Horley
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm there all of next week & working / staying in WC. Do you have games night Karl or a late night?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Omar Montalvo
United States
Thorndale
PENNSYLVANIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
petergarnett wrote:
I'm there all of next week & working / staying in WC. Do you have games night Karl or a late night?

Friday night from 5-close is open game night at Games Keep.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scooter of the Ancients
United States
West Chester
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
gameskeepllc wrote:
Hey Peter,

I didn't see what week you were going to be in the Philly area, but if it's going to be after Memorial Day weekend, The Games Keep will be closed Sun 5/25 thru Tue 6/3 to move to our new store front (still in West Chester). I haven't had the chance to post up the details or change any of the store info in my profile yet, but hope to get to that later this week. I just wanted to make sure you didn't drive all the way down here that week only to find us closed and in transition. But we'll be open through Sat 5/24 as normal.

Where you moving to? And do you need any help?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Kemmerer
United States
West Chester
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
As Omar mentioned, Friday nights are open boardgaming. We've got a great crowd here in the area so a typical Friday night sees 20+ boardgamers. They start to arrive around 5pm and we're here til up to about midnight. Sat 5/24 is also a boardgaming day as well (although there will also be a small magic tournament going on) and the last day we'll be open at the current location if you're still here that long. Thursday nights are Magic nights if you're into that.

Mordaenor - I'm still arranging details, but I THINK I have everyone lined up for the move. The new address will be as follows (I'll get it updated in my profile just before or during the move week):

The Games Keep, LLC
561 East Gay Street
Gay Street Plaza
West Chester, PA 19380
484-905-5533 (same as current)
gameskeep@gmail.com (new)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gameskeepllc wrote:
but I THINK I have everyone lined up for the move. The new address will be as follows (I'll get it updated in my profile just before or during the move week):

I talked to you at a game auction (back in November I think it was) about an Unpub event - are you still planning on hosting when you're all settled in to the new place?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Garnett
United Kingdom
Horley
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys. Looking forward to visiting the store & trying something new.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Kemmerer
United States
West Chester
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Max - I haven't had a chance to schedule it, but yes I intend bring back some more Unpub events at the new store. I'm very fond of the concept and spirit of Unpub so as soon as I get settled in, I'll get with Daryl to schedule it. I hope with the new space, depending on the weekend we set up that we can host double the number of designers we have in the past for a more fruitful event for designers and testers alike. I keep telling Daryl he needs to create an 'Unpub Medium' for me since it'll be larger than an 'Unpub Mini'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gameskeepllc wrote:
Max - I haven't had a chance to schedule it, but yes I intend bring back some more Unpub events at the new store. I'm very fond of the concept and spirit of Unpub so as soon as I get settled in, I'll get with Daryl to schedule it. I hope with the new space, depending on the weekend we set up that we can host double the number of designers we have in the past for a more fruitful event for designers and testers alike. I keep telling Daryl he needs to create an 'Unpub Medium' for me since it'll be larger than an 'Unpub Mini'

Great to hear. I'm scheduled to go to a couple of the upcoming events and I hope I get some good feedback/buzz.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely make the effort to get the The Game's Keep. We found the others mentioned to either have a poor selection or not be particularly "friendly"/helpful but you'll have both selection AND friendliness/helpfulness at TGK. I wouldn't encourage the ride down to DE unless you just want to see a decent selection of games with the occasional HTF game but chances are good, the guys at DOK's wouldn't necessarily know they had it on the shelf or where to find it if they did. TGK is by far a better overall experience, IMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Garnett
United Kingdom
Horley
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jennifer. Will be starting with TGK as that is where I'm staying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.