Christian Gindlesperger
United States
Shaker Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Given all the news today about Season 2 OP kits for NetRunner, X-Wing, and AGoT...

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp

...just wondered if anyone has heard anything about OP kits for S2 for Descent? Or even if the S1 kits will be made available again?

Guess it's time to start calling all the FLGS withing a 30 minute radius again...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd hope the next step with the Season One Game Night Kit would be to release the scenario to consumers. If they are going to do a Season 2 Kit then bring it on!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it a little too soon to ask for a new season? I mean, we've only had it for two weeks...

In the mean time, feast your eyes on this

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
HOW COME EVERYONE HAS GOT A S1 GAME KIT BUT ME!!!!!
THIS IS BULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSHIT! I'M THE BIGGEST FAN OF BOTH EDITIONS OF THIS GAME EVAR!
SOMEONE BETTER SEND ME THEIR S1 GAME KIT BEFORE I CRY!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Purple Octopus
msg tools
Oh what

Shnar, you magnificent bastard. Are you making a co-op Descent campaign?

Why haven't I done this yet? That sounds damned brilliant!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ultros64 wrote:
Are you making a co-op Descent campaign?

Yes, following what was presented in Forgotten Souls. The format is pretty straight forward:
- Come up with a story
- Decide 4 monsters to have in the quest
- Design a starting level and 3 'stage' levels
- Have 8 'generic' levels
- Create 10 monster activation cards
- Create 10 peril cards

Since it's all card based, creating the components isn't terribly difficult, especially once all the assets are created. I'll be uploading soon a TileSet of 2nd Ed for TileSystem, and that has all the board graphics I used for the images above.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gindlesperger
United States
Shaker Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guys, guys--I was just asking!

I neither expect nor feel entitled to a Descent Game Night Kit--but I sure want one, and if I can figure out how to get one, I'll do it.

Back when the first kit was announced, I called around to all my FLGSs and even FFG to see about obtaining one.

In the end, no one could--but FFG in particular said keep an eye out for Season 2 when it starts in the summer. I wasn't sure if that meant the Season One Kit would be available again, or maybe something else--hence the post.

Although, if snnar keeps up the good work, getting a kit will be less of an issue...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think FFG does 3 'seasons' a year? So yes, I would expect to see one in the summer. Until then, here's another teaser

I imagine after this one is done, I'll do another one. The one that comes with the kit uses only core-set monsters and boards. The Family Ties quest I'm working on will use the core-set plus the conversion kit. Next, I want to do one with Valyndra (by far the best figure in the game), so that will be core + lair of the wyrm boards and figures. After that, I'll want to do a Nerekhall expansion (I like those boards a lot).

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Purple Octopus
msg tools
Seems like a great amount of work done so far shnar. What template are you using for making the exploration and monster cards?

I'd love to try making one myself.

Also, how are you doing Lt. AI? Is that also going to be included on the monster card? Or is she going to be grouped in with the Dark Priest AI section or something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniele Zecchina
msg tools
Invictus5000 wrote:

I neither expect nor feel entitled to a Descent Game Night Kit--but I sure want one, and if I can figure out how to get one, I'll do it.

Back when the first kit was announced, I called around to all my FLGSs and even FFG to see about obtaining one.

In the end, no one could--but FFG in particular said keep an eye out for Season 2 when it starts in the summer. I wasn't sure if that meant the Season One Kit would be available again, or maybe something else--hence the post.

Although, if snnar keeps up the good work, getting a kit will be less of an issue...

I could get KIT-01 for 60€ (80-85 USD) at Italian online store (it only delivers to Europe though); is it worthy to pay this price for every KIT coming up or wouldn't it be better to wait Shnar's work (less restricted)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The kit has 3 main things:
- Promo items (a poster, acrylic hearts, acrylic blue dice, player mats)
- Rules for co-op game play
- Forgotten Souls co-op quest.

The actual quest itself is in one of those Print-On-Demand clam shells that you see in other games of FFG (like Mansions of Madness PODs). So, my guess is that after the season 1 is done, FFG will have the rules available for free online, and then charge $10 or $15 for a POD for the quest and any future quests coming out.

An individual quest has the following:
- 10 Peril Cards
- 10 Monster Activation Cards
- 12 Encounter Cards

Each card is very tied to the quest (my one minor gripe of the co-op, kind of wish the components were a bit more modular), so each POD will be self-contained. Also due to this, I highly doubt there will ever be an 'official box expansion' for this, just a bunch of PODs.

I've played this one quest almost a dozen times now and I'm still having a lot of fun with it. So $10-$15 for a single quest that has a high replayability isn't bad in my books.

And of course, us fans can create new ones

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
Invictus5000 wrote:

I neither expect nor feel entitled to a Descent Game Night Kit

Sweet, if you get one you can give it to me then!

Nice work Shnar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Scott
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone heard ANYTHING (even the slightest rumour) about a retail release of Game night kit 1 yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No (and it won't happen... Game Night Kits will never be available for retail), but if you go by how they did it for Lord of the Rings, they will release the decks seperately as PoD expansions a couple weeks or months after the season.

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Scott
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanee wrote:
No (and it won't happen... Game Night Kits will never be available for retail), but if you go by how they did it for Lord of the Rings, they will release the decks seperately as PoD expansions a couple weeks or months after the season.

Bye
Thanee

One of our FLGS said it WOULD be printed and for retail sale, in August -14. But a mail from FFG told me that it would be PoD any day now, since they are one the way with season 2.

Wonder where the Gamestore got their info

Anyway its no probs cause I got to borrow a copy from a friend.

@Shnar: Hows it going with the Campaign, dude?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.