United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmb

The Setup:

Advanced Solo Rules, Final Showdown, fully randomized selection

Mastermind: Mysterio
Scheme: Steal the Weaponized Plutonium
Villain Groups: Sinister Six (plus Radiation for Scheme villain group)
Henchmen: Savage Land Mutates
Heroes: Deadpool, Moon Knight, Punisher

It was absolutely amazing how well these three heroes worked together in this scenario. Thanks to the Punisher I was able to completely empty my deck of zero-cost cards, allowing me to draw half my deck each hand. Moon Knight worked great with all of the Punisher and Deadpool tech cards, as well as the occasional insight from his own set.

Mysterio's Master Plans included every single Master Strike, and my game came down to the last card in the villain deck (the Vulture, alone in the city, somehow managing to carry all 8 canisters of plutonium). It is a rare thing for me to empty the villain deck and then actually win on the final turn of the game (turn 20), but I managed it, pulling up a final attack total of 36 on the last hand, allowing me to hit the Vulture for 12 and Mysterio's last two plans plus the Final Showdown for 24.

All in all, I ended the game having scored 90 points:
Mastermind plus Master Strikes: 60 points
Bystanders Rescued: 19 points
Villains Defeated: 50 points
Scheme Twists: -39 points (this one is tricky since you shuffle them back into the deck, so I just counted how many times they came up)

I'm not expecting such great luck of the draw next time I play, but sometimes it is nice to have such overwhelming success...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.