BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Seeking Play Testers

Subject: Blacksmiths - 3+ player card game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dylan Dowds
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Hello all. I recently posted on my blog for my Game a Week challenge a game called Blacksmiths.

It is similar to the card game War, but with a little RPS thrown in, and a touch of special effects. It is supposed to work for groups of 3+ players, but I haven't the group large enough to test this game beyond three players yet. So I was hoping I could get some feed back this way.
I'm afraid it is not print and play so much as read and use regular cards, as I am still early in the card design process.

To play you will need a deck of cards for every player. Take out the ace through five of three suits(I use the clubs, hearts and diamonds). These form the starting deck of each player. Each suit then lines up with a suit in the game. (I use clubs for Horseshoes, hearts for Armor, and diamonds for Silverware).

The rules can be found in this blog post. Or I can post them here if that is better etiquette?

Is it viable to ask anyone to playtest before I have printable cards, or should I make quick mock-ups instead?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Dowds
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Made up a set of downloadable cards through godeckyourself: Blacksmiths

Three pages of cards, three cards of which are the rules. You'll need to print out one set for each player. They should be light on ink, but I don't have a printer right now to test.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Dowds
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
A slight rule change due to some feedback and playtesting:
Silverware is now titled Jewelry
Horseshoes are now called Utility
Utility now let you draw one card from another player's deck, as well as one from your own.
Made a WIP thread here for better keeping of rules changes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.