Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kiwisoup wrote:
I know most of you probably just call it "Seafarers", but if you had to call it ether "Catan: Seafarers" or "Seafarers of Catan", which would you say is more common. I know "Catan: Seafarers" is the current name and "Seafarers of Catan" was the original name, but I am trying to settle a dispute here.
Catan has fallen out of favor in most of my groups, but people still call it Seafarers Of Catan. Mayfair's push to call it Catan: Seafarers to make it less confusing seems to have come too little too late. Also, I'm still not sure what the original confusion was

To that end, Mayfair has also changed the name of the 5/6p Expansions, replacing "expansion" with "extension". The former is reserved for sets that add new gameplay elements (Seaf adds new maps, building shipping lanes, while Cities & Knights adds Barbarian ship, Progress cards, actual knights, that "calendar", etc.); whereas the latter is used to denote including more players and nothing more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jupklass Jupklass2
Spain
Pamplona
Navarra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
catan with boats
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Conroy
United States
Winchester
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seafarers of Catan, because I refuse to upgrade to the new edition That's what it was named when I bought it, and that's what it will be called!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zeevaarders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Cornell
United States
Corunna
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Stikfas Animate Better Than Legos!
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought Starfarers of Catan before I bought Seafarers of Catan. The names fit together this way in my mind.

Looks like you need to set up a poll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Cordeiro
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We call it just "Seafarers", but if I had to choose one of those options, I'd go with the original "Seafarers of Catan".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like the Dutch name has always been The Settlers of Catan: Seafarers. Never even looked that good at the wording. It's all "The Settlers of Catan: Expansion Name".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.