Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roger Howell
United States
Lenexa
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How does this play with 2 players? And, is this another one of those KS games that sounds excellent on paper but ends up being a bit lackluster? Seems every KS game I purchase just misses the mark somehow, like it's half baked or something.

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
rogerramjet3361 wrote:
And, is this another one of those KS games that sounds excellent on paper but ends up being a bit lackluster?

Just asked this same question with a member of my regular group last week, and unfortunately the answer was Yes.

rogerramjet3361 wrote:
Seems every KS game I purchase just misses the mark somehow, like it's half baked or something.

I hear you Roger - rather frustrating, isn't it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Howell
United States
Lenexa
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Steve. I guess the best thing to do is wait and see before you buy because if the game is good it will rise in the ratings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Dove
England
Roskrow
Cornwall
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bought this locally in Falmouth during the winter but only got round to playing this a few weeks ago as a two player. It worked ok but i feel that it would work better with three or four to spread the activity across the board. The game is fairly straightforward but needs a little time invested to get your head around the rules. This is not a bad game and I will take it to Baycon next week to try out on the other Cornwall gamers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Both_Sides_of My_Table
United Kingdom
Market Drayton
Shropshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rogerramjet3361 wrote:
How does this play with 2 players? And, is this another one of those KS games that sounds excellent on paper but ends up being a bit lackluster? Seems every KS game I purchase just misses the mark somehow, like it's half baked or something.

Thanks in advance!

@Roger or anyone else wanting a more involved/competitive game than the 2player currently offers...I have been working on a card driven AI (initially to allow solo play against 2 AI opponents) that works just as well turning a 2 player game into 4 player)
There is a bit more detail on this here: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1609704/cornish-smuggler-ai...
Cheers
Giles

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.