Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Green
United States
North Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't own this game, but I'm curious. From what I've read, it sounds like the number of villains in the team should be equal to the number of players. Has anyone tried one hero versus one villain?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig McRoberts
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've done two heroes vs. two villains. That went quite nicely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kratz
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While this could work in theory, I can't say that I would recommend it. A good chunk of the game is working out interactions between heroes, the strength of one hero compensating for the weakness of another.

For example, if you have one hero without ongoing destruction against BB, or Ermine, you're done, game over. Both villains can redirect to a hero or soak an instance of damage, so it becomes almost impossible to defeat them unless you can make that go away. It can be done with the right hero - Tachyon could play a small damage attack followed by a big one to get damage through, but few heroes have multiple big attacks in the same turn.

My opinion is that once you take out the interactions it becomes more an exercise in choosing the correct hero to take down a villain rather than playing the game and reacting to what happens. My gut says that in a one on one battle, the result is all but determined prior to the start of the fight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.