Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Victorius Deplorable
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't played in a longgggg time but I think not. I think op fire only works when units move. I'm sure someone will explain in better detail. If it's not under the op fire section in the rules then I would say no.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Carey
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It does not matter what the target unit has done. So if an enemy unit uses opportunity fire, you can do the same back to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victorius Deplorable
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. I had no idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse LeBreton
United States
Kingsford
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
matzi1 wrote:
Hello!

I am new to this game, and I have a strange question: Can I use OP fire on an enemy unit which OP fired an unit?

Thanks!

I think this question is coming from a fundamental misunderstanding of the how to play. Afterall he says he is new and this is the 1st edition forum board. That leads me to believe he is actually playing the game as written in that first edition rulebook, which would have a unit keep taking actions until it exhausted all it's AP. Hence he wonders if he can shoot back sometime during that phase.

Matzi1, have you downloaded a newer rulebook? Anything from Storms of Steel or latter? In the Storms of Steel rules the way in which actions use up the AP pool was fundamentally changed. There are two rulebooks I would suggest you use for the game. Either get the Price of Honor reference rulebook. I call it 2.1. Or you get the Awakening the Bear 2nd edition rulebook. I call it 2.2. The 2.2 one does modify a few little rules here and there, but you can play with rules 2.1 just as well. Plus the 2.1 rulebook is organized in a superior manner. Hence it being the reference rulebook. When you know the game really well, you can make notes in the reference book about the changes from 2.2. In this way the reference is up to date.

In either of the two rulebooks I pointed out there are plenty of action examples that illustrate the new "I take one action, you take one action" approach the game now uses. In other words, you now get that OP fire you thought was missing. It's not a true OP fire like some systems have, but since CoH breaks down actions into such little chunks, and then allows an opponents response, the game works just fine without it.

Two years ago I suggested a new card addition that would add a true OP fire to the game. It's intent would have best been used on a moving vehicle. Something that moved 2 or more hexes at once otherwise it would have been pointless to play. It would have allowed the player to interrupt the multi hex move and shot at it in the chosen hex, then if not damaged, so it could not move, it would then complete its move. Think of an AT gun laying in ambush to shoot at the next tank that crossed it path. Currently, that tank could move right past that AT gun and if it had the speed could duck back into cover again leaving the opponent with no shot. What did I call that card? Something like crack gunner crew or something to that effect. The COH counter and card art designer Pavlos Germidis even created a sample card. However, in the end, Uwe thought it didn't have a place in the game and would have little impact. But we all know there are cards we draw that have little impact on the scenario too, so I disagreed on those terms. In any case, there's a bit of history on my card that might have been an OP fire card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.