CapCom Street Fighter Deck-Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: A Few Questions On A Few Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Suicyd King
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I've been enjoying this fantastic game ever since it arrived earlier this week. After a few games, a few questions on card resolution have popped up.

First, Cammy Delta Red. She shows up in the FAQ in the manual. If I understand correctly, if you play Cammy DR at any point during your turn, and manage to beat a stage boss that same turn, you can then take that stage you just beat and put it into play? The wording on the Cammy DR card implies otherwise, but the FAQ makes it sound like this is indeed the case. Most other cards that involve event timing are worded very specifically (in play, play or have played, in hand, etc), but Cammy DR's timing seems a bit more fast & loose based on the FAQ. At the moment in time that I beat the stage boss, their stage is not yet in my discard pile.

The next card I have a question about is Seth. Seth allows you to play two cards from the top of the main deck and return them in any order. They are returned immediately after being played, not at end of turn. My question is: When you play a card off of the main deck, and that card has a variable that is modified by other cards yet to be played that turn, do those modifiers still go into effect after the card in question has been returned to the main deck? For example: I play Seth. The top card of the main deck is Flying Barcelona. I have only played one villain so far, so FB is worth +2 power. I finish resolving Seth and replace FB and the other card on the top of the main deck. Then, I play a second villain from my hand. FB should now go from +2 to +5 power because it's 2-villain condition has been met. However, the FB card is no longer in play, it is at the top of the main deck, face down. Does it still get the power boost from it's condition being met?

My final question is regarding Rose. Rose reduces the cost of cards under your superhero by 1. If I play 2 copies of Rose in one turn, does that reduce those costs by 2? This would mean that any 2-cost cards under my superhero are free, right?

Thanks.I'm loving the differences between this and DC, the other game I've played from Cryptozooic. I've been playing duels with my wife all week, but I would appreciate some input on these questions before I bring the game to my weekly gaming group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Noble
United States
El Dorado Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First question...how did you get a copy? The release date on the site says April 23rd.

ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Cammy DR: When you play her, she sets up an effect that looks at your discard pile over the course of your turn. So she can instantly put a Location into play when you defeat a Stage Boss. The wording is weird as you are defeating a Stage Boss, but gaining a Location.

Seth: Yes, the cards you play and return can still be modified by later cards you play.

Rose: They are cumulative, so 2 Roses = free 2 cost cards.

Glad you like it!

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Thompson
msg tools
@Ian: The pre-releases for this game have started mailing out this week. My copy is on the way as well but seeing as I live in Illinois I won't get it until Monday. Look forward to playing the game and posting pics though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Suicyd King
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Thanks, Matt. I really appreciate the quick reply!

So with Cammy, if I have no locations in my discard pile, but I play her and then defeat the stage boss of the UK, I get to play that UK location? That's incredible, and is a great way to get those late-game locations into the action. It's also then no coincidence that UK is Cammy's home turf, as well as being the second last stage, with an extremely powerful ongoing ability! Cammy just went from 'better than a kick' to 'buy all the Cammys'!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
That, or any Location.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Carrere
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
I want to echo that the game is awesome so far. I played last night after driving back to work to pick it up. I put a Youtube video of 3 hours of Street Fighter music and had a blast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Keeler
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a few more questions on cards and thought I might as well ask here:

For Soldier of Justice, Do you choose a card type or see if you can take up to two, or do you have to choose a card type that you have two in the discard pile. Example, I have one hero and two villains in the discard pile. Can I choose to take just the hero card, or do I have to take the two villans?

Mystic Yogi: When it says play the card twice, does it activate the abilities of other cards as if two copies were played? For example if I drew a villan with Mystic Yogi, would Vega get +2 power from that? Or if I drew a Agents of Shadalod with mystic yogi would it activate from the second play even though its only one card?

Finally Ken Masters: is the may a choice of destroying up to the other number of heros this turn, or is it all or nothing? Example: If I play two heros before him and then play him, can I choose to destroy only one card or must I choose two cards to destroy or none at all?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
SoJ: You must have two cards of the same type. You must choose a type that you have two of.

Yogi: They will count as individual plays, so Agents and other things see each of the card plays.

Ken: the "you may" applies to each Hero you play. It's not all or nothing. You can play five Heroes and destroy just one card if you wish.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Keeler
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! That helps clear up some I had during my first play through. Going to try it a couple more times alone, then see what happens when I mix it with the DC game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.