Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Michaud
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the first time since our very fourth episode, it's a Chuck Woolery themed Flip the Table as we take on the game you've played all your life...but never quite like this! TV Scrabble is the 1987 board game based on the TV game show, which itself was based on the 1948 board game (give yourself a minute to parse that sentence). This game brings the rotating sets and Woolerific game show action home as players solve crossword-style clues to score points, while avoiding the dreaded "Stopper." But can a game two generations removed from its source material manage to please board game fans and game show fans alike? Woolery!

http://tableflipsyou.blogspot.com/2014/04/episode-52-tv-scra...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Ferrer
United States
Pittsford
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The stopper was legit scary to 6 year old me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Kupper
United States
La Crosse
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dude! How about a spoiler tag on that Double Dragon bombshell?!

Great episode as always. And as always as soon as I saw in my podcast feed, I stopped doing whatever I was doing and listen, and did not regret it. Thanks to this episode, I'm thinking about making the stopper my text message sound.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CWM
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was all worth it just to hear Chris say, "The actual value of soft velvet love: $14.99"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Lott
United States
Mason
Michigan
flag msg tools
Being a Lions fan is a gift...
badge
...and a curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
Great episode as usual.

It seems like if Flip is such a thrift shop ninja he ought to have at least 1 or 2 fully functional Quizzards lying around. That would work perfectly as a replacement for the blue plastic arrow thing that isn't working so great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brenden Johnson
United States
Lakeville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic episode. Thanks for reminding me about one of my favorite shows and letting me know it is on Youtube.

Sure I love The Price is Right as much as anyone, but it seems as though my favorite game shows are a little obscure. I loved TV Scrabble. I *loved* Name that Tune. And my favorite was probably Joker's Wild. (maybe that one is a little more known?). I haven't thought to look for them on Youtube before. I'm going to struggle to get some work done today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Counter
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Name That Tune was one of my favorites as well. As a youth, my favorites were The New Treasure Hunt, Split Second (especially with the bonus round and the car keys), Almost Anything Goes, Celebrity Sweepstakes, Liar's Club, and Tattletales. The New Treasure Hunt was emotional manipulation just this side of a Milgram experiment, but was darn fun to watch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Rupp
United States
Chicago
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just when I think FTT couldn't get any better, you throw in a Numberwang reference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Figgins
United States
Woodland
California
flag msg tools
badge
http://lyrislaser.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I was disappointed that, during the battle of wits, I didn't hear anyone mention that you were playing Scrabble: the board game the quiz game the board game the quiz game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E. Strathmeyer
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
pjr86 wrote:
Just when I think FTT couldn't get any better, you throw in a Numberwang reference.

That's Wangernumb!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.