Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Turner
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This isn't something that's come up in play, more something I was wondering about as I thought through some of the team abilities.

When Lycanthropes shift from runner to bruiser and vice versa, I assume you replace the model with a model from the other "type." So if I change from runner to bruiser, I remove the runner from the board and replace it with a bruiser model.

So what happens when a model dies? How do I keep track of which models are benched, and which are "alternate forms" of dudes that are on the board? And what happens if all my models of one type are on the opponent's side after being killed? Do I remove my runner and take one of the dead bruisers, handing my runner to the opponent to replace the trophy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
glenn3e glenn3e
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Silopolis wrote:
This isn't something that's come up in play, more something I was wondering about as I thought through some of the team abilities.

When Lycanthropes shift from runner to bruiser and vice versa, I assume you replace the model with a model from the other "type." So if I change from runner to bruiser, I remove the runner from the board and replace it with a bruiser model.

So what happens when a model dies? How do I keep track of which models are benched, and which are "alternate forms" of dudes that are on the board? And what happens if all my models of one type are on the opponent's side after being killed? Do I remove my runner and take one of the dead bruisers, handing my runner to the opponent to replace the trophy?

As far as I remember from the old rulebook, if you don't have enough models to replace the lost ones you lose the game. I bet the same thing happens here. You just can't shift or you will lose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Broberg
United States
Vista
California
flag msg tools
The designer mentioned in a quote at the end of the article linked here on the official forums:

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/showthread.php?54110-Wan...

"If i'm playing against opponents I know are way better than me, I run to the Lycanthropes for safety (although I've been eliminated before by going too extreme on one type of player and then not being able to field replacements - be careful!)"

It sounds to me like you can get all your brawlers killed, and then be unable to field a full team at halftime, for example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you cannot field a full team of 3 runners and 2 bruisers at the beginning of the period, you lose.

I won a game the other night killing off the Lycans runners until my opponent had 3 2 left. I also made a habit of damaging the bruisers so they'd have 2 on them and not be able to shift back.

Edit: Oops
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.