Subject: Had my first game night last night! I am now a man. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tyler Lipchen
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Hello fellow geeks!

Last night I had my first real "game night" with some old high school friends, and it was FANTASTIC!

Got in a game of King of Tokyo, Castle Panic (which we lost), and Pandemic (which we won, HA!). Also got in a playtest of my current design, The Intrepid Alconauts! All in all a very successful night!

Can you remember your first time? Who were you with and what games did you play?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How many Epidemic cards did you use in your so-called win at Pandemic?

Seriously, my first game night was with complete strangers at the local college. We played Lords of Waterdeep with all expansions, while another group tried to stay awake through a game of Pathfinder. They were welcoming in that great Evelyn Waugh way: A way that seemed to say, "We should not dream of being so offensive as to suggest that you never met us before".

The lesson: don't by shy. Some great gaming awaits you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't remember my first "game night." My friends have been getting together for games for almost 30 years now, and we started in middle school.

I do remember two things:

1. My first game of Axis and Allies, after school with a kid named Steve from Jr. high, whom I no longer know.

2. The day my friends and I walked into the now-defunct Action Comics and Games in Skokie, IL, and buying this:

For the most part, that game group is still intact 30 years later.

Pete (played a lot of D&D in the late 80s and early 90s)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.