Subject: Any Gamers or group in Blackpool rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Regan
United Kingdom
Blackpool
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hiya live in Blackpool near the town centre I am looking for a group or players or any ideas on how to find people to game with, Thanks.

Rdreamspeaker@hotmail.co.uk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Oakes
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not aware of a current public group in Blackpool, although there have been some in recent years which indicates a number of players in town and a good chance of starting a new group if you're prepared to do the work.

Otherwise your nearest group is in Preston

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/15507282#15507282

Unless you think this superstar is about to do what he promised

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1005590/blackpool-games-leag...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Regan
United Kingdom
Blackpool
flag msg tools
mbmb
Well willing to host if any gamers want to get in touch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Brown

Preston
Lancashire
msg tools
Rdreamspeaker wrote:
Well willing to host if any gamers want to get in touch.

What I did when I sent up the Preston Gamers was to just find a venue and post all the details here on BGG. I find just going for it and getting started is the best approach. Sure you might be on your own for the first night but at least it's a start.

Give peeps a few weeks notice before your first night as well. Then people will have time to check diaries etc, and they'll know you'll be there games awaiting. Maybe take some friends along initially as well, so you're not alone. And don't get despondent if no one comes on the first night.

On out first night there was only me and a friend. Gary came along a little while after we'd left, but he'd just found out about it on the night. Since then we've grown in leaps and bounds.

Be patient and stick at it. If you build it they will most certainly come!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Oakes
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nick's advice is all excellent, I also think that meetup is a very effective site to use: the Warrington group has about 20 players each week using only meetup, and the St Helens group has tripled its size since they started using it. Facebook and your own website are useful but not so effective, it's publicity that is most important.

Forget local publicity like flyers in shops, a completely unproductive activity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Brown

Preston
Lancashire
msg tools
I thought about using Meetup for our group, but the monthly fee put me off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Get up, get up, get up, get down, fall over.
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EvilEdwin wrote:
I thought about using Meetup for our group, but the monthly fee put me off.
Well, you could join the "North of England Gaming Group" and post your meetings there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amie Yeats
England
Blackpool
flag msg tools
Hi, I live in Blackpool and I'm looking for a gaming group to join. What games would be available to play?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Regan
United Kingdom
Blackpool
flag msg tools
mbmb
Well I dont own many games as use to game round at a friends house who has lots. I have about 3-4 games prob be able to borrow a few if need be. What sort do you have drop me a line and we can at least arrange a get together to see where we can go on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Regan
United Kingdom
Blackpool
flag msg tools
mbmb
If anyone is interesting in gaming in Blackpool please contact me my email is Rdreamspeaker@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.