Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rémi Vanchestein
Canada
Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As written in the appendix, page A3 about the ordinary dwelling furnishing tile :

"If you use the Furnish an ordinary dwelling for 2 Wood and 2 Stone Expedition loot item (requires strength 12 or more), you can only build one of these Dwellings."

My question : I don't understand what the restriction means. Is it only to remind us that we can't use the same loot twice ?

Thank you again !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kwijiboe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Hey!
mbmbmbmbmb
Your guess is correct. The rule for expeditions is you can't claim the same loot twice. If you take the Lv11 reward and build a (2 wood/2stone) dwelling and then build another dwelling, you are taking the same loot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another good question is, why does it say "requires strength 12 or more" when it really requires only strength 11?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rémi Vanchestein
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But if I want, I could take the Lv11 reward from an expedition with a dwarf and then, build another dwelling with the Furnish a cavern action (for example) with a second dwarf ?

IMO, That rule adds nothing new or special but I found it confusing zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Remi, the main clause refers to the ordinary dwellings, which usually cost 4 wood and 3 stone. You can only build one of these dwellings but not any of the "fancy" or simple dwellings.

The text in parentheses just reminds you of the weapon strength requirement. The 12 is a remnant from an earlier time in the development process where there even was a 13 and this particular item was strength 12. Of course, you are right it is now 11 not 12.

I'd also like to address the confusion regarding "claiming the same loot twice". You cannot take the same item on the overview card twice. You could, in fact, build 2 ordinary dwellings during the same expedition: if you have a strength 11 guy on a level 2+ expedition, he can choose item 7 "furnish a cavern" and build an ordinary dwelling for 4 wood and 3 stone, and then choose item 11 "furnish an ordinary dwelling for 2 wood and 2 stone" and furnish another ordinary dwelling for the indicated cost. This is not considered the same loot item (although they lead to literally the same result).

And to hopefully remove any doubts on what a loot item is, here is a list of all of the 23 different loot items:

1a: after expedition all weapons +1
1b: 1 wood
1c: 1 dog
2a: 1 grain
2b: 1 sheep
3a: 1 stone
3b: 1 donkey
4a: 1 vegetable
4b: 2 ore
5: 1 wild boar
6: 2 gold
7: furnish a cavern
8: build 1 stable for free
9a: place a single tunnel
9b: build a small pasture for 1 wood
10a: 1 cattle
10b: build a large pasture for 2 wood
11a: place a single meadow
11b: build an ordinary dwelling for 2 wood and 2 stone
12a: place a single field
12b: sow up to 2 new grain and 2 new vegetable fields
14a: place a single cavern
14b: breed up to 2 types of farm animals
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rémi Vanchestein
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, now I understand the meaning of the sentence in the rule.

Thank you very much guys, I'm kind of rule freak !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Starkiller
United States
Wasilla
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In addition to this very helpful thread, here are two other expedition threads:
Level 1 expedition loot
Can I have more than 3 dwellings?
"All Weapons +1" question
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.