Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anybody hear anything recently about when Spearpoint is shipping? The KS estimate was April, but those are rarely accurate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron A
United States
Coronado
California
flag msg tools
badge
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet-Gen. Mattis
mbmbmbmbmb
There was just a KS update from Byron earlier today. No exact date, he is working on getting a date and will post that in a later update.

Here is most of the KS update text:

I estimated April 2014 as a delivery date for the game and that is not going to be possible because of a three very good things: Stretch Goals 1, 2, and 3. The estimate of April was based on making the basic game and I would have been very close to that had we not met any cool stretch goals. All cards must be printed at the same time. Press time is not cheap and so that's how production of this game will occur. The fifth deck (Heavy Weapons Expansion) took a bit more development since we had to research statistics and get some help from Armor Plate Press with photos, etc., but that is now all complete.

The silver lining is that most of the heavy lifting is done. All units have been designed and balanced for the HWE, the photos have been found, and the HWE formatting (based on passing our preflight with one card) has begun. This is exciting for me and challenging as it's essentially production of two games at the same time.

The tracking counters specific to Eastern Front that some of you ordered as addons have been graphically completed by our artist Marc von Martial. He is just waiting on a die-line from me.

One final cool thing is this- Every game I print is printed in the US of A. This means that we (all of us) will not be waiting on a slow boat in order to receive the decks of cards, dice, boxes, etc. It's all done domestically. That's a bit different than most publishers out there right now (Mayfair is a known exception- they print in the USA as well). There is nothing wrong with going overseas for production, but it is something I prefer not to do. The advantage for you is this: Quicker delivery once everything is printed (they don't have to be shipped from China, which can take months).

I'll keep you all up to date as milestones are reached (like our preflight result today), let you know what 10 units made the cut from your voting, get a new date estimate nailed down once we have press time scheduled with our printer, as well as share some additional previews along the way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Ron. I saw that this morning too. Looks like progress is being made.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is now early June. The Summer convention season is upon us. Any news?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Fischer
United States
Chester
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Pie Factory Designer
badge
Co-founder of Nevermore Games. Follow me on Twitter @bryanfischer
mbmbmbmbmb
I would also like to know. I preordered this from Byron at PrezCon and I'm having a hard time getting information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Liljequist
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Byron just posted a small update on Kickstarter... Appears the HWE box is done an he is going to be posting more info soon. Maybe jump over there an check...not sure still what the deliver date is, but sure its not TOO far off.
Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Smith
United States
Newburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Stay thirsty my friends.
mbmbmbmbmb
In a previous PEM, Byron assured me it would arrive in our hot little hands long before Gencon.
shake
It appears that it's gonna be close.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Liljequist
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To be fair to Byron...He did suffer the loss of his Sister last month...think this was abit secondary.
Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.