United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have had lots of requests for this game so we are bringing in just 500 copies to the world!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/maydaygames/bling-bling...

Update 4/21/2014: We have expanded to 1,000 copies since we sold almost all 500 in the first 4 days of the kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! I've been excited to get my hands on this game for a long time.

One thing really strikes me as odd, though. Five hundred units seems like a very small run. How did you even convince the factory to heat up the tools for so few pieces? Furthermore, what printer would print just 500 copies of the package? My guess is either you're ordering existing product or your print run is much larger than the 500 pcs you're making available on Kickstarter.

Either way, I hope the response to the project is big enough for you to consider making the game available at retail in the US.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Williams
United States
Lubbock
Texas
flag msg tools
"Let us go out this evening for pleasure; the night is still young."
badge
STOP! WHOSE TURN IS IT NEXT?
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally! I'm so excited!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nick, the first and possibly only print run to the USA will be 500 units and those will all go to Kickstarter. IF at some point there is another shipment to the USA for retail the price will need to be more than $30 MSRP as the factory cost is quite high. We are combining our print run with a local (Korean) run which is how we can get just 500 in the first place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maydaygames wrote:
We are combining our print run with a local (Korean) run which is how we can get just 500 in the first place.

Ah, that makes sense now. Thanks for the answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for arranging this - very happy to be part of a 4-pack to Australia.

One thing I was puzzled by is why Coconuts addon (the OTHER Mayday games I'm keen to get hold of) is restricted to US backers only ? It seems to be available internationally via the website and also from the original kickstarter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ben, on Coconuts we were allowed to sell worldwide as a global offering only until the end of January 2014. After that some regional game manufacturers have picked up the license for specific areas. We have the USA rights. Passively offering it at full retail + international shipping on our website is quite different than actively offering it at a discount on Kickstarter and we just can't do it. As far as I know there is no distributor in Australia, so I don't think anyone will have a problem with you buying a copy from us privately, but we just can't offer it here as an add-on. We would love to, believe me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Tompkins
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
can you guys make Tik Tok woodman or click clack lumberjack add ons also?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe... we are working on it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's just so.....pink! I couldn't possibly show up with this without my gaming group erupting into uncontrolled laughter. Now why not have more representative colors? How about plated gold and silver pieces (not real of course!)? You lost me on this one.

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Teamski wrote:
It's just so.....pink! I couldn't possibly show up with this without my gaming group erupting into uncontrolled laughter. Now why not have more representative colors? How about plated gold and silver pieces (not real of course!)? You lost me on this one.

They're gems! Rubies, garnets, crystals... the name of the game even has gemstones in the title.

But it is sad that you and your friends won't get a chance to play the game because of childish macho posturing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Black Canyon wrote:
Teamski wrote:

They're gems! Rubies, garnets, crystals... the name of the game even has gemstones in the title.

But it is sad that you and your friends won't get a chance to play the game because of childish macho posturing.

Well, you can't blame potential customers for being turned off if the game looks like it belongs in the 5-8 year old girl's section at the local TRU.

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is true and you're welcome to your opinion.

I realized I came off a bit harsh back there, so sorry about that. Have you played Toc Toc Woodman yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gray
United States
Watertown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Black Canyon wrote:
I realized I came off a bit harsh back there, so sorry about that. Have you played Toc Toc Woodman yet?

Yes. Lacked the bling bling!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.