Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
n h

California
msg tools
badge
Newbie Gamer
mbmbmbmb
Pandemic, forbidden island, forbidden desert. Of these three which would you say is best for 2 players? I will probably eventually buy copies of each of these but right now I only have money for one. So I would like to buy the one that is best for 2 players first. Theme, weight, and game length are not an issue. Thanks for your opinion!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Reaser
United States
Morgantown
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played Pandemic with only two players, but in general the Forbidden Location games have always been more highly enjoyed among my group. I would recommend them instead of Pandemic, especially for the first one you get on the list.

As for which Forbidden Location to get... They are both fantastic games. Each is different in its own way. If you haven't played any coop games before, Forbidden Island is probably easier to get into. I think Forbidden Desert is a little less structured: it's harder to understand what it is you're trying to achieve. Ultimately, I like both games equally, although most people say Forbidden Desert is better. But I really think Forbidden Island is the best of the three to bring to the table for the first time.

Personally, though, when playing with just two players I like Forbidden Dessert better than Forbidden Island. There's a bit more unpredictability and it's a bit more rewarding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
n h

California
msg tools
badge
Newbie Gamer
mbmbmbmb
thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Munoz
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
My SO and I started with Pandemic (and the expansions) and just got Forbidden Island. Pandemic is more complex; Forbidden Island is a quick game. Since they were created by the same designer (Matt Leacock) they have similar game mechanics. I'd say Forbidden Island is a quick/younger-player "version" of Pandemic. Haven't played Forbidden Desert yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Welborn
United States
Anderson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers #1
mbmbmbmbmb
So which one did you buy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
n h

California
msg tools
badge
Newbie Gamer
mbmbmbmb
Pandemic. My wife decided the theme interested her more. She really likes it so I am glad we got it. But I still want to get the others .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.