Popular Tags: [View All]
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a single review on iTunes and with a $9.99 price tag this is not a game I'm willing to buy blind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played it, but there's a thread somewhere else in the forums where people complained that it wasn't very good (or so I remember).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BenoƮt Delcorps
Belgium
Bruxelles
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Imperial is one of my favourite games. So this was one of the first apps I bought when I got my ipad two years ago...

Only played two or three full games since then. The UI is everything but friendly, AI not challenging... it's really a pain to finish a game...

My recomendation would be to avoid this app and to play on Brettspeilwelt.de.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I discovered Imperial recently and really love it.

When I saw the iOS port I decided to shovel the whooping 9.99$ in order to have the ability to scratch that Imperial itch whenever I need to.

I cannot say that I regret it but you have to know a few things before you buy:

Quality is not in line with pricing. Interface is rough (as rudimentary as one can be) and there are many crucial options missing (can only see your own funds during bond purchase phase, there is no in-game menus, no save game options).

No tutorials or in-game help. Don't expect to be able to learn the game with the app. You need to have a few plays on a real game in order to understand what's going on.

AI is weak, even erratic sometimes. I am a beginner and lost only once(came second on a 4 player game) on my first game.

On the good side, I can say the app is pretty stable. I have yet to experiment any crash.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After a few more plays, I felt like I needed to rectify a few issues highlighted above.

First, I found the help. It is a link displayed in the game somewhere. It links back to a web site : http://javelin.com.my/imperial.html

Reading through this page, I found where to look for when I need to know how much money I own.

I also found out where the save/abort game option was.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.