Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Crusher Crancko
Spain
Granollers
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where I can buy Cutthroat Caverns game in New York Manhattan area?
I will go in 2 weeks and need advice to find a good store to buy it.
Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Dang
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Compleat Strategist on 33rd Street will have it. It's not a good store, but it's the only store I believe that has it. It'll be for MSRP. If possible, I would suggest you have someone in the city to take a shipment for you from CSI or something to save a bit of money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could also try emailing The Uncommons Game Cafe and see if they're carrying it or can have it in stock before you arrive.

If you're going to visit Brooklyn during your stay there's The Twenty Sided Store.

Ricky gave the very best advice though if you're wanting to save money. Place an order at Amazon.com and have it shipped to wherever you'll be staying so it's there when you arrive. If you're wanting to buy a bunch of games at discount prices then you can get free shipping with an order of $100 or more at both CoolStuffInc.com and MiniatureMarket.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
james napoli
United States
Westwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

The other replies are in line with my thoughts.
my experience at the compleat strategist have been 'fine'.
they do have a good selection of games.

the uncommons cafe is definitely worth stopping in at. you could email them and see if they have a copy or could get you copy and that likely could be your best bet.

however if indeed acquiring a copy of cut throat caverns is your primary objective, i would happily order you a copy online and you could pick it up from me. just let me know with a geekmail. the going rate seems to be about $23 USD

cheers
-
James
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Fish
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
agree with all above.

Compleat Strategist (33rd st and 5th ave) has the best selection, but the prices are MSRP (or sometimes higher) and the customer service is lacking... I don't know whether I've seen Cutthroat Caverns specifically in there.

Twenty-sided store in Brooklyn has better customer service and store design but is a much smaller store with less selection. The prices may still be high.

Uncommons Cafe - do they actually sell games? or just "rent" them to you while you're there?

Amazon is generally the cheapest way to get games in America, especially in NYC. From a sociologic stance, I have mixed feelings about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Dang
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Uncommons does sell games, but it's a very limited amount. They carry all of the gateway and popular ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.