Popular Tags: [View All]
Stven Carlberg
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I arrived a little late and found that all my usual opponents were already involved in games. As I stood around trying to figure out which game might have a chance of breaking up any time soon, a half dozen guys I didn't really know came into the room. They were talking about waiting for some other guy to show up so they could play some game I'd never heard of (which they identified only by its initials, very mysterious), so I said, "Hey, how about playing some Peanuts?" "What's Peanuts?" "It's a fun game. Takes about 20 minutes." Five out of six agreed to give it a try, while the sixth sat down by himself to sort through some cards he had in a shoebox.

There always seem to be a lot of rules when I'm explaining this game, but these guys picked it right up and were soon hooting and hollering, cheering and groaning, and above all laughing and laughing as we sped through the game with five (its best number of players). With the first game finished, everybody wanted to play it again! Different ideas were tried about starting spaces and strategies, and we sped through a second game with the hilarity attracting people from all over the room who would come to see what was causing so much fun. "It's like Monopoly from Hell!" they would explain. "I love this game!" was actually heard (that's a direct quote; I don't make this stuff up) more than a couple of times. Jokes were traded back and forth as the ice was broken and we all enjoyed each other's silliness and had a fine time all around. Every roll of the dice brought forth cheers and jeers. Free advice was offered and spurned. Injokes and leitmotifs evolved in matters of minutes. A sixth player joined us for the third and fourth games, and apparently the fun was going to keep rolling as long as the game was on the table.

I guess these guys were just the perfect group for Nur Peanuts! I like the game myself, but I'd never liked it THIS much. :0) But sometimes a game just shines, and this was one of those times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.