M Edwards
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Zuvuzeg ally has an ability "If there are no more than 3 cards in your location deck, banish this card to encounter each of them in turn.".

I have some questions

1. I presume you must encounter all of them - so if the first one is a monster that hurts you badly, you can't pull out and skip the next two.

2. What happens if you evade the first card? I'm thinking the ability plays as though all of the cards have been pulled out into a temporary space, so the evaded card is shuffled back into an empty deck, and you still encounter the other 2 cards in order.

3. What happens if the first card is a villain or henchman, resulting in the location being closed? Do you still encounter the other 2 cards? I think maybe yes (if they are pulled into a temporary space and not part of the location deck any more), but I'm not very sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say:

1. Yes, you must encounter all of them.
2. The evaded card goes back in the location deck and you encounter any of the remaining cards. I say this because you must finish one thing before you start another. The ally told you to encounter the 3 cards in turn. So you wouldn't be able to encounter the evaded card without doing something to explorer again.
3. If you defeat a villain, you immediately close. If you defeat a henchman and attempt and succeed at closing, you close immediately. In both cases any remaining cards you haven't gotten to encounter yet are banished. Closing and banishing are part of encountering the villain or henchman and how you encountered them doesn't change that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Edwards
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.