Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carlos Alberto Rodriguez M.
Colombia
Bogotá
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi buddies, I have the next question
The rules says (P. 11) that when a threat card with the symbol of an enemy fleet is drawn an effect is "The presence of enemy flee tokens in a sea area prevents players from tracing a naval route across it or placing influence tokens in it". But after that the rules says "Player may remove enemy fleet token using a Military Action Die. The acting player targets a sea area connected to Venice by a naval route and spends 1 action point to draw 1 battle die". I don't know how to understand it. If I can't put influence tokens in the sea area with enemy fleets, how do I establish a naval route to the sea zone affected by the enemy fleet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Zuschlag
United States
San Antonio
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(1) the active player picks a military die.
(2)Then, usually on their first action of that die, they declare which enemy fleet they want to remove, and then
(3) they draw a battle tile. A "1" or greater will remove the enemy fleet in that region.
(4) That player automatically puts one influence cube on that sea route and
(5) draws a victory point token randomly.
(6) That player then typically spends another action of the military die to make a "treaty" with the kingdom typically occupying that region as well. The player gets to keep the kingdom token and score it for one victory point at the end of the game, provided that there they don't already have the same kingdom token. (i.e. at the end of the game you have 3 Ottoman Empires you only get to score 1 VP)

Does that make sense?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have another question: after winning against an enemy Fleet, you can take it ftom the board and place an influence cube (Form the German rules). Is this cube a free action or just telling that you can from now in usw an AP to place a cube?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Bampi
Italy
Padova
flag msg tools
badge
"Go suck yer blade!"
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a free action you may do whenever you defeat the LAST fleet on the sea space. It's thematically appropriate: you win a naval battle eliminating all enemies, hence you are opening a "temporary" naval route (for your family) using your surviving ships
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reinaldo Guazzelli
Brazil
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Everybody !!!

I think the main question of Carlos Alberto was not answered.

"If I can't put influence tokens in the sea area with enemy fleets, how do I establish a naval route to the sea zone affected by the enemy fleet?"

And a have the same doubt .... !!

Tanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Bampi
Italy
Padova
flag msg tools
badge
"Go suck yer blade!"
mbmbmbmbmb
rei70 wrote:
Hi Everybody !!!

I think the main question of Carlos Alberto was not answered.

"If I can't put influence tokens in the sea area with enemy fleets, how do I establish a naval route to the sea zone affected by the enemy fleet?"

And a have the same doubt .... !!

Tanks

I missed the original question in 2014 cool
Anyway: a naval route to an arbitrary sea zone "X" requires a continuous sequence of tokens starting in Venice and passing through ALL zones from Venice to X, EXCLUDING the zone X itself... you need actual tokens on the sea zone X ONLY if you want to place (other) tokens on the colonies adjacent to it, not when you attack enemy fleets in the sea zone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reinaldo Guazzelli
Brazil
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the fast reply !!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.