Subject: Team Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Corey
United States
IN - Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Has anyone come up with variant rules for 2v2 or 4 player free for all?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Valadez
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
"RAWR!" means "I love you" in kaiju.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just going to use 2 headed giant rules from Magic. Both teams have 30 life total and take their turns (including any rerolls) simultaneously.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Currently at 1:2 ratio, getting better every week
badge
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
mbmbmbmbmb
For FFA rules, Attack X, Defend Y seems like it would work. X & Y being Right & Left or vice versa.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy eland
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
it seems like you could just play with 4 people free for all just like you do with magic. anybody can attack anybody on their turn. ganging up on the guy who won the last game is the best part.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Currently at 1:2 ratio, getting better every week
badge
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
mbmbmbmbmb
troyboy81 wrote:
it seems like you could just play with 4 people free for all just like you do with magic. anybody can attack anybody on their turn. ganging up on the guy who won the last game is the best part.

Yeah but then one guy is sitting watching for 15 minutes while the rest of you play on. I know that would leave a very sour taste in my group's mouth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cornixt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Person attacked goes next. Works okay unless people keep getting revenge and one guy is left untouched for half the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sputang wrote:
I was just going to use 2 headed giant rules from Magic. Both teams have 30 life total and take their turns (including any rerolls) simultaneously.

We tried this, but found it got a bit jammed up with characters and hard to make attacks.

We then switched it up slightly; we played with two "zones". When fielded, a character is put into one of the two zones and can never be moved (until they get removed from the field of course!).

* Characters can only block attackers in the same zone.

* Dice with effects that work on dice in play only target other dice in the same zone.
Example: Punisher attacking in the Top zone could only KO an opposing die in the Top zone. Cyclops using 'If Looks Could Kill' would only damage all the dice in his zone.

* Effects that target 'your' dice in play only work on one zone at a time, but work on both your dice and your allies dice in that zone.
Example: You play a thrown car. The two dice you boost must be in the same zone, but you could pick your dice, your allies dice, or one of each in that zone.

* Effects that target 'your opponent' just take effect once, and are not zone-specific.

Still working out the kinks, but it mostly seems to be working.

EDIT: We've tried with a few life totals, and have been liking 40 life per team best. Gives the game a little more time to develop and usually leads to closer, more exciting games. We played this morning and the winning team had 1 life point at the end - very close!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.