Recommend
13 
 Thumb up
 Hide
30 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

High Frontier» Forums » General

Subject: Reprint? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Taylor
United States
Aurora
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Are we ever going to see a reprint of this? I would think that there is enough demand to justify it. Current going prices are a little high for my blood.

Mike
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darksurtur
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A third edition is planned, but currently isn't slated for release for a few years.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stirling
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It's worth pointing out that the reason it's not being reprinted sooner is not because of demand issues, but because the third edition will be a significant revision and expansion to the game. Phil is currently busy with other projects, meaning that it will be some time before he can focus on High Frontier again.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
suPUR DUEper
United States
Villa Hills
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gvchief wrote:
Are we ever going to see a reprint of this? I would think that there is enough demand to justify it. Current going prices are a little high for my blood.

Mike


Just.Buy.It.

So tired of seeing your rockets drifting in space. You need the practice.....whistle
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan C
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose."
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
paralipsis wrote:
It's worth pointing out that the reason it's not being reprinted sooner is not because of demand issues, but because the third edition will be a significant revision and expansion to the game. Phil is currently busy with other projects, meaning that it will be some time before he can focus on High Frontier again.


Sounds like when it happens, crowd-funding would be a pretty useful platform for Sierra Madre to fund this. I'll bet there would definitely be enough interest.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Chamberlain
United States
Tracy
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
paralipsis wrote:
It's worth pointing out that the reason it's not being reprinted sooner is not because of demand issues, but because the third edition will be a significant revision and expansion to the game. Phil is currently busy with other projects, meaning that it will be some time before he can focus on High Frontier again.


I'm not sure that is true. There will be new cards added to round out what is there, and new futures will likely be added to most of the existing cards that have none. The rules and map will probably be rebalanced a little. But no major new mechanics are planned as far as I am aware.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gvchief wrote:
Are we ever going to see a reprint of this? I would think that there is enough demand to justify it. Current going prices are a little high for my blood.

Mike


Knowing that the third edition is going to have significant changes and additions, you should be aware that this deluxe edition will likely be around the $80-90 range.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Klintus Fang wrote:
paralipsis wrote:
It's worth pointing out that the reason it's not being reprinted sooner is not because of demand issues, but because the third edition will be a significant revision and expansion to the game. Phil is currently busy with other projects, meaning that it will be some time before he can focus on High Frontier again.


I'm not sure that is true. There will be new cards added to round out what is there, and new futures will likely be added to most of the existing cards that have none. The rules and map will probably be rebalanced a little. But no major new mechanics are planned as far as I am aware.

Well there are plans for Ventures to become cards, new colony tokens and of course the rule book has been revamped, the map has significant changes by breaking up some H-I lines, also Callisto, Ganymede and Europa sites will no longer have an adjacent burns. D sites have stopped being wild and in the revision cards have been added or revised to Make the D products standard like the rest.

If that isn't significant I don't know what is.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorik
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
How sticky is your ZOC?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sierra Madre has enough of a dedicated following that Phil doesn't need to go the kickstarter route IMO.
Phil has already statede, several times, that a reprint will take several years due to other projects and the fact that he wants everything in thee box instead of basegame / expansion / other expansion that obsoletes the previous one.

on a personal note I don't like KS. there have been no projects on KS that got me a credit card. and of the three KS games that I know we like one, one's okay and one is just not great. (Snowdonia, Geaar&Piston, Mars Needs Mechanics)
Snowdonia and G&P were obtained through retail long after the KS ended.

can you imagine the usual KS crowd clamoring for a preview rulebook and trying the original HF rules , or demanding stretch goals that add "exclusives"
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
If there are players who want 'boxless' High Frontier 2nd edition right away, please write to me at phileklund@gmail.com. I am currently on vacation at my son's house in Arizona and discovered a box of leftover components of High Frontier 2nd edition in the shed. There are components for 15 copies of High Frontier, along with complete copies of High Frontier Colonization. You will be missing the rocket sheets (which I can send you files for), also the box and the 2 cm disks for claims and busted sites are missing. I can send payment requests by Paypal to those interested.
18 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doc Hogan
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
phileklund wrote:
If there are players who want 'boxless' High Frontier 2nd edition right away, please write to me at phileklund@gmail.com. I am currently on vacation at my son's house in Arizona and discovered a box of leftover components of High Frontier 2nd edition in the shed. There are components for 15 copies of High Frontier, along with complete copies of High Frontier Colonization. You will be missing the rocket sheets (which I can send you files for), also the box and the 2 cm disks for claims and busted sites are missing. I can send payment requests by Paypal to those interested.


I just completed a terrible (in retrospect) trade of my NIS HF 2e; it was going to be some time before I could get HF to the table to learn, and an offer was made for a game my group wanted. I had no idea that HF had gone out of stock and print, and that market price had gotten so high! I should've checked first blush (both games were similar MSRP)

I'm taking you up on the offer, Phil; email sent, and thanks! Take your time, I'm in no hurry.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max
United States
Fuquay Varina
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Reign of Fire
badge
Bombs Away! Mission 9.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hoping there are some left, email sent!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Taylor
United States
Aurora
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the responses. Phil, that sounds great, email sent, hopefully I'm not too late.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
gvchief wrote:
Thanks for all the responses. Phil, that sounds great, email sent, hopefully I'm not too late.

Not too late, I still have a few left, selling including Colonization for $100 plus shipping.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Shiels
United Kingdom
Paignton
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
E-mail sent, but I live in the UK - any chance of shipping over here at all Phil? (it's closer than Tau Ceti after all??!!)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Nanosplic wrote:
E-mail sent, but I live in the UK - any chance of shipping over here at all Phil? (it's closer than Tau Ceti after all??!!)
The UK is fine for the same amount of money. I just have to bring it back with me when I fly back to my home in Germany, and ship it from there. Unless you can't wait until May 2.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Bernhard
Switzerland
Schneisingen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

do you by chance have a game left which I could buy? I live in Switzerland, which I hope would not be a problem for shipping. I'll send you a mail anyway.
Note, I'm on holiday rigt now, so answering could take a bit longer.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runs with scissors
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
E-mail sent. Fingers crossed.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I have one more box less High Frontier, plus Colonization, selling for $100 plus about $10 shipping. It is missing rocket diagrams, and crew page, these are printable. Also missing some of the disks. Besides this one game, I have some extra Basic cards, Colonization cards, Basic Maps and expanded maps, and some rockets. Send inquiries to phileklund@gmail.com.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikolaj Laczynski
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
E-mail sent...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max
United States
Fuquay Varina
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Reign of Fire
badge
Bombs Away! Mission 9.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Phil, out of curiosity, do the box-less sets come with the expanded maps? If not and you haven't sent mine out yet, I'd like to add a copy to mine to save on the shipping. Thanks again.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Boxless sets include colonization, with both expanded cards and expanded map.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Taylor
United States
Aurora
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy came in the mail today, Phil. Thank you very much.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
suPUR DUEper
United States
Villa Hills
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gvchief wrote:
My copy came in the mail today, Phil. Thank you very much.


Phil- I want to echo Mike's thanks. I have mounted a fair number of rescue missions to return Mike's lost crews to LEO. I enjoy the supplementary water tank income but I think with some practice, he might be able to get a crew back to earth on his own.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Taylor
United States
Aurora
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TedW wrote:
gvchief wrote:
My copy came in the mail today, Phil. Thank you very much.


Phil- I want to echo Mike's thanks. I have mounted a fair number of rescue missions to return Mike's lost crews to LEO. I enjoy the supplementary water tank income but I think with some practice, he might be able to get a crew back to earth on his own.


Wow. Just wow.

It's ON, buddy. No more Mr Nice Guy. I seem to remember waving at your crew stranded on Ceres, also. Isn't that the day that my daughter beat us both?

Mike.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.