Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Worger
United Kingdom
Bordon
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Can you draw a card from the top of the draw pile or just from the four cards out ? Game info on bgg page says draw from the four cards but video review shows the card from the draw deck being taken ?

Am I right in saying you can only cross a maximum of 3 numbers off as long as they are all in series ? But you can discard 3 cards and only cross 1 or two numbers off ?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Fechter
Netherlands
De Goorn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
s1mon wrote:
Hi,

Can you draw a card from the top of the draw pile or just from the four cards out ? Game info on bgg page says draw from the four cards but video review shows the card from the draw deck being taken ?

Am I right in saying you can only cross a maximum of 3 numbers off as long as they are all in series ? But you can discard 3 cards and only cross 1 or two numbers off ?

Thanks.

Hi Simon,

You can only take cards from the four cards out. After the card(s) have been taken the draw pile is used to make sure there are four cards out and the card on top of the draw pile shows the number all players can cross off.

As to your second question: yes, you're right! :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Worger
United Kingdom
Bordon
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olav Fakkeldij
Netherlands
Beverwijk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On your second question: you can even cross off none of the 3 numbers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Worger
United Kingdom
Bordon
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you get minus marks in this ?

Is it for example a player just locked out yellow before my turn and I was going to play a yellow and now I can't because it's locked out ?

Also if I had no cards low enough as I'd already crossed some higher ones out ?

Do you still discard your card you were going to play and take a minus 5 mark ?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Fechter
Netherlands
De Goorn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
s1mon wrote:
How do you get minus marks in this ?

Is it for example a player just locked out yellow before my turn and I was going to play a yellow and now I can't because it's locked out ?

Also if I had no cards low enough as I'd already crossed some higher ones out ?

Do you still discard your card you were going to play and take a minus 5 mark ?

Thanks.

Basically you only get minus marks if you don't cross anything off during your turn. And yes, you always have to discard at least one card, but you could discard up to three cards (of the same colour).

And don't forget the essential difference between Qwixx Dice and Qwixx Cards: with the cardgame your colors don't get locked out by your opponent!

If your opponent chooses to use the top card of the deck (after filling the display) to end his yellow row only his yellow row is locked out, not yours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Worger
United Kingdom
Bordon
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok thanks, so I could even just cross off the top card of the deck and nothing that's in my hand but if I didn't use the top card of the deck or anything from my hand I would get a minus mark ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Friendly GamePlayer
England
Frome
Somerset
flag msg tools
Find a Friend
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You only get minus marks when it is YOUR turn and you don't cross anything out at all - either from the top card or from playing your own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.