Subject: Playing Martell straight out of the PoS box? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Mauro
United States
Hamilton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Admittedly I'm new to this, but I sort of opened it expecting a clear cut starter deck for Martell...

What I have is a bunch of Martell cards, neutral cards, and multi-faction non-Martell cards.

I hear talk that the box has 3 Martell starter decks, is one of these wrapped packs a whole ready to go (for the most part) starter deck? None of the other starter decks in the core set had non-house cards in them, thus my confusion...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rice
United States
LIHUE
HI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, the Deluxe Expansions do not have Starter Decks in them. You can build a simple deck here: http://www.cardgamedb.com/forums/index.php?/topic/207-4-deck... just scroll down.

And actually, the Core Set decks DO have Neutral cards - Littlefinger, Benjen Stark, Jon Snow, Varys, Knight of Flowers, Maester Aemon, Street of Steel, Shadowblack Lane, and others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Mauro
United States
Hamilton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Thanks!

Any suggestions for building a Martell set using exclusively the PoS box (similar to the desklist for Greyjoy in your link)?

I guess what I'm saying is that we're not really deck building types, but want 6 ready to go decks without buying a whole new core set. The decklist would require pulling cards from already built house decks.....

Also, I'm assuming the other house card in PoS (Brienne of Tarth, etc) are intended to build up the core set houses?

edit...ok thinking further if I were to get a second core set, this would pretty much allow me to build pretty streamlined Martell/Greyjoy decks befitting the starter deck from the core houses correct?

In that scenario, how much of the second core set is going to be wasted/not used?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rice
United States
LIHUE
HI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're averse to buying a second Core Set (which is a good idea, because you can build the balanced decks for the other 4 Houses as detailed in the above link), you can find the individual cards on eBay or TradeCardsOnline. I have most of those cards for Trade or Sale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.