Subject: One-use dice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr. Cooper
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Each die has an effect that may be used once, and then the die is returned to the red bag."

Does that mean if you rolled a blank on a one-use die (and didn't use the effect) you keep it, giving you a chance to roll it again during another turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Squaty wrote:
"Each die has an effect that may be used once, and then the die is returned to the red bag."

Does that mean if you rolled a blank on a one-use die (and didn't use the effect) you keep it, giving you a chance to roll it again during another turn?

No. The dice is one use. Succeed or fail, ot goes back in the bag after that first use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Cooper
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
donnbobhardy wrote:
Squaty wrote:

No. The dice is one use. Succeed or fail, ot goes back in the bag after that first use.

Source? Not trying to be obnoxious, but that's not how it's worded in the manual. The way it's worded, it's implied that you don't return it to the bag until the effect has been used once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Dalley
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have my copy yet, but I played it with the designers at BGG.Con and the dice are one use success or fail. One try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Pecorelli
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since my question has to do with One-Use Dice I'll ask it here.

Which One-Use Dice are PvP? I know the Bomb and Pain spell are for sure. But can I interfere with combat using the Scroll to case other spells (Fire), Toad Potion, Strength Potion, Poison Potion, Boomerang, etc...? And of course if I can do these things, I can do them to help or hinder the other players, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Squaty wrote:
Source? Not trying to be obnoxious, but that's not how it's worded in the manual. The way it's worded, it's implied that you don't return it to the bag until the effect has been used once.

If you could use it more than once, it would hardly be one-use. The Boomerang is an exception, but the rules for it explain the exception.

hatchhermit wrote:
Which One-Use Dice are PvP? I know the Bomb and Pain spell are for sure. But can I interfere with combat using the Scroll to case other spells (Fire), Toad Potion, Strength Potion, Poison Potion, Boomerang, etc...? And of course if I can do these things, I can do them to help or hinder the other players, correct?

Pretty much any one-use die can be used in combat for either side (except those that have no combat use, like Luck).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.