Subject: STRASSE FEUER rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't help but think that the setup in this game could be clearer.

Some sources make me believe that not all units are used in scenareo 1, but I can't find anything mentioning them.

Also Flechetes, I assume they are used in a 2nd day scenareo, but again, can't find them mentioned anywhere.

Than I was reading the bit about "street fire",page 5, very interesting, but it seems to me that there must be something wrong in the discription, for as it is discribed here the troops would be moving backward, rather than advance.

Something must be missing, like a forward motion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Phelps
United States
Canal Fulton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sagitar wrote:
I can't help but think that the setup in this game could be clearer.

Some sources make me believe that not all units are used in scenario 1, but I can't find anything mentioning them.

See the bottom of page 6 in the Exclusive Rulebook. It has a picture of "Units only used in the “Next Day” scenario".

sagitar wrote:
Also Flechettes, I assume they are used in a 2nd day scenario, but again, can't find them mentioned anywhere.

See page 4 of the Exclusive Rulebook, section 5 - "Next Day" Setup for setup locations. They are considered to be fieldworks. See the terrain effects chart for their effects on movement and combat.

sagitar wrote:
Then I was reading the bit about "street fire", page 5, very interesting, but it seems to me that there must be something wrong in the description, for as it is described here the troops would be moving backward, rather than advance.

Something must be missing, like a forward motion.

Picture a 5 x 5 square of riflemen marching forward. As the front man in each column fires, he turns to his left and then starts marching in the opposite direction until he is behind the group, then falls back in line at the back of his column and reloads while marching forward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Tim.
Still think they missed a step in strasse feuer.

here's your group of riflemen. x being the officer.

A A A A A X

B B B B B

C C C C C

D D D D D

E E E E E

Okay first rank fires, marches to the rear.

X

B B B B B

C C C C C

D D D D D

E E E E E

A A A A A

Do you see what I mean?
They've actually moved backwards.

What needs to happen is that the 2nd rank advances and the officer moves a number of steps closer to the enemy.

As it's described in the book it is more like a fighting retreat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Phelps
United States
Canal Fulton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Jaeger companies performed a tactic known as Strassefeuer (“street fire”) in which groups of up to 25 men would advance in open order on the exposed flank of an enemy, in five files of five men each. The first man in each file would fire and countermarch to the left to gain the rear of his file and reload. The next man in each file would then fire and countermarch in like fashion. This would continue while the formation was steadily advancing, thus each volley would be delivered several paces closer to the enemy than the previous one. The effect could be devastating, particularly when directed at point-blank range.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.