Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Currently looking at a version on eBay, has mounted map and rulebook says 2005.
Is this the deluxe version?

Will it have the upgraded chits and bonus cards?.
Thanks for any advice.
Regards
Mark

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1713000...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Feather
Japan
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is not the deluxe version. It looks to me like the very first printing. The seller says the map is printed on thin card which should be read as paper. The chits are not upgraded and the bonus cards will not be there. I would wait for next month's reprint to hit the UK, or for another Ebay listing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
Just as a side note. I'm glad personally I've the second edition and did not wait until the deluxe version came out o get the game.

EDIT:
I.e., it's a matter of tastes. I personally always want the version of a game that made it a classic/big success-- not the next version that came out because of that success.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Raymond and Moshe, good point made.
I will hang fire I think
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victorius Deplorable
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IMHO, the mounted map is worth getting the deluxe edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Feather
Japan
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
recon28501 wrote:
IMHO, the mounted map is worth getting the deluxe edition.

Like Moshe, I own the second edition, however I now always play the deluxe version my opponent owns. I'm perfectly happy with my paper map, but I like the combined military ops track on the mounted map much better. The main reason I prefer the deluxe version, though, is because of the additional optional cards. They make a real difference to the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't really mind the optional cards either way, and the mounted map is a plus but not a necessity, so I don't mind whether I play the deluxe or second edition, BUT if this is the first edition, you may want to wait because the control markers are the same color on both sides. Tho was recognized as rather confusing, and the subsequent editions have a solid-colored side to denote control and a white side to denote influence without control.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.