BattleCON: Devastation of Indines» Forums » General

Subject: DC Universe re-theming rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Tudero
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Inspired by the thread here: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1122397/complete-superhero-r... , I want to take it upon myself to retheme Battlecon with DC characters (I'm less of a Marvel fan).

I don't mind doing the editting, but the two things I'm having the most trouble with is what DC character to use, and what to name the styles. For example, I used Robin as Magedlina, with the idea that he's kind of green, but has potential and gets better with experience/training, which sort of mirrors Magdelina's level system. I can't keep style names like Excelsus (which I renamed as Acrobatic, which I think fits the effect).

I thought I'd start with the set of 18 War characters:

Hikaru - Batman/Nightwing (Hikaru and Zaamassal are pretty generically good, and have different tools for different situations. I was thinking the Elemental Tokens or Paradigm's would be the equivalent of Batarangs/Smoke Bombs/etc)

Zaamassal - Nightwing/Batman(see above)

Magdelina - Robin (Weak start, but a quick learner. Magdelina's levels to match Robin gaining experience)

Rukyuk - Deadshot (This one is just dead on. I didn't change any of the style names)

Vaanah - Bane (Bane's very much a melee guy, like Vaanah. The Divine Rush Token is supposed to match Venom)

Kallistar - Captain Marvel / Black Adam ( They both have regular and powered-up forms)

Lixis - Poison Ivy (This is pretty dead on, like Deadshot/Rukyuk. I renamed the unique base from Lance to Growth)

Tatsumi and Juto - Joker and Harley (They were the first pair I could think of)

Kehrolyn - Clayface (Shapeshifting. I will probably keep most of the style names as well)

Khadath - Booster Gold / Mister Terrific (Not sure which to pick. Wanted a character that had some sort of mobile helper. Mister Terrific has T-spheres, Booster Gold has Skeets)

Cadenza - Metallo/Killer Croc/Solomon Grundy/Lobo (Generically Tanky guy)

Luc - Zatanna (I couldn't think of anyone that really matched the abilities. I thought that Zatanna's magic could sort of fit, and that her style names could be in reverse)

Cherri - Clock King (Clock King does a lot of timing stuff, sort of matches clashes)

Seth - Cassandra Cain (This Batgirl fights via prediction of movements)

Sagas - ??? (Parasite, maybe? Not sure about this one. Amazo?)

Heketch - ???

Hepzibah - ???

Demitras - ???

If anyone has suggestions for characters, or Style names to go with any of the characters, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Myers
United States
Plymouth
Michigan (MI)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I am understanding this right basically the mechanics of the character will be the same just the art and names of things will change?

If so that is super cool and I'm on board I will look at it some to see who fits who.

Also since War is DC you should make Devastation Marvel IMHO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Tudero
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
The names of the Styles will change, and the art will change, and thats it!
Brad's already okay-ed it in the other thread. The mechanics will stay the same, I'm definitely not going to tinker with this well-balanced game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Superman- King Alexian

Batman and robin - Karin and Jager Brandfordt

Zatanna - Cheri Seneca

Clayface- Kerohlyn Ross

Wonder Woman - Hikaru Sorarama

The Joker -Demitras Denigrande

Lex Luthor (in battlesuit) - Cadenza

Darkseid - Udstad
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Could He ketch be Killer Croc, maybe? They're both toothy and like getting in close.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
You could always make Kallistar be Snowflame if you wanna use someone a bit more obscure.

Joking aside, he actually fits pretty well. Both characters have fire powers, and all you have to do is replace Kallistar's element form with Snowflame using waaaaay too much cocaine. It explains the life loss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Tudero
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
kurthl33t wrote:
Could He ketch be Killer Croc, maybe? They're both toothy and like getting in close.

he could be! I think the trick here is to actually find someone that matches the dark force token. I think you could replace heketch with a lot of melee types (Catwoman, Lady Shiva, etc.) but it's the dark force token that I can't get really to match anyone

AzureNarwhal wrote:
You could always make Kallistar be Snowflame if you wanna use someone a bit more obscure.

Joking aside, he actually fits pretty well. Both characters have fire powers, and all you have to do is replace Kallistar's element form with Snowflame using waaaaay too much cocaine. It explains the life loss.

I had to google this guy. He has a cocaine touch, lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Zabrowski
United States
West Allis
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say Karin and Jager work better for Joker and Harley. Demitras gotta be the Flash. I agree with Supes as Alexian - hard hitting and you've gotta take advantage of his better nature to beat him. Strangely enough, I could see Batman as Heketch if you change the Dark Forces to an attacking from the shadows mechanic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
McCaber wrote:
Strangely enough, I could see Batman as Heketch if you change the Dark Forces to an attacking from the shadows mechanic.

You know, I like that. You'd need to rename nearly all of the cards, but I think it would work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Tudero
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
grasa_total wrote:
McCaber wrote:
Strangely enough, I could see Batman as Heketch if you change the Dark Forces to an attacking from the shadows mechanic.

You know, I like that. You'd need to rename nearly all of the cards, but I think it would work.

I currently have Batman as Zaamaassal. The Paradigm of Distortion was renamed Cover of Darkness (Attacks at range 3 or 4 do not hit. Attacks always include range 3 or 4,even if they would not normally). Paradigm of Pain is Shock Gloves, Paradigm of fluidity is his Grapple gun, Paradigm of Haste is Smoke Bombs, Paradigm of resilence is an Exosuit.
I think it fits!

I'm maybe half done Re-theming everything, in a loose way. I can easily change pictures and words around though, so its not too much work if someone has a better suggestion for the War characters. The alignment and spacing of some stuff isn't quite perfect in the template, but it's something I can fix later

Here's my current completed roster

Zaamassal - Batman
Magdelina - Robin
Rukyuk - Deadshot
Vaanah - Bane
Kallistar - Black Adam
Lixis - Poison Ivy
Kehrolyn - Clayface
Khadath - Booster Gold
Luc - Zatanna
Demitras - The Flash
Cadenza - Doomsday

My unsure, or don't really have any idea:

Tatsumi and Juto - Joker and Harley
Cherri - Clock King?
Seth - Cassandra Cain
Sagas - Parasite?
Heketch - ???
Hepzibah - ???
Hikaru - ???

So I found something helpful for the style names. Some of the characters are present in the DC fighting games (like Injustice: Gods Among us). I google their respective movelists to help with finding style names. For example Vaanah's finisher Death Walks (1-2 range, 5 power, 6 priority, On Hit: Opponent is stunned and has -4 priority next beat) was renamed to Break the Bat! for Bane, which I think fits the ability well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joal Kamor needs to be deathstroke the terminator. (weapons expert)

Mikhael Isen is Bizarro (super strong, but somewhat confused and wants to get hit)

On further consideration the Joker should not be demitras, but rather Mandarax Mecci (traps and tricks)

Luc Von Gott would make a good Zatanna.

Shektur Lenmorre is the most sensible choice for the flash (burn tokens for speed, rapid combo attacks)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Tudero
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
some good suggestions there
im starting with the war characters though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My bad.

Cheri Seneca should be the Martian Manhunter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.