Subject: Attacking limits rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Fienen
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can a player spend all 3/4 actions attacking? Specifically we ran into a scenario where a player was going to sacrifice himself for the group, but he was dual wielding machetes with four actions.

The result? He decimated a full 8 zombies in one turn and came out unscatched. He basically went whirlwind all over them. Is that an intended possibility?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
You don't need any more.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
indeed, as the spawn level rises it will even become a necessity to use most actions for attacking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
Two machetes is good, but you wait until you get a survivor with the 'ambidextrous' skill and two chainsaws!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cliff hutton
United States
Plymouth
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yes and makes sense. you x (4) have actions in a turn. Or in x time you can do y actives.
You can stand and fight. ( spend all your time fighting ), or just run away or some combination.

the only limit per the rules is searching.
Yes your player somehow survived, but could have easily been overwhelmed and killed.

And if you watch the walking dead, you will see both outcomes. devilzombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teskal Flink
Germany
flag msg tools
How it is possible to kill 8 Zombies with 4 Actions? I thought 2 weapons gives only more dice to attack one Zombie. So only 4 Zombies would be possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud Dejardin
France
Ferrère-La-Grande
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teskal wrote:
How it is possible to kill 8 Zombies with 4 Actions? I thought 2 weapons gives only more dice to attack one Zombie. So only 4 Zombies would be possible.

Each success kills one zombie.
You don't have to choose a target before throwing the dice, you do it after the dice have been thrown.

For example, you use a chainsaw and make 2-4-5-6-6 (lucky guy). You killed 3 zombies. You can attack once more and kill some more zombies, until you run out of actions to spend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teskal Flink
Germany
flag msg tools
Archange227 wrote:
Teskal wrote:

Each success kills one zombie.
You don't have to choose a target before throwing the dice, you do it after the dice have been thrown.

For example, you use a chainsaw and make 2-4-5-6-6 (lucky guy). You killed 3 zombies. You can attack once more and kill some more zombies, until you run out of actions to spend.

Ok, I played one combat-action one kill, not more. This will make it much easier... I must remove for the Basic Scenarios some weapons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jiff Jaffa
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teskal wrote:

Ok, I played one combat-action one kill, not more. This will make it much easier... I must remove for the Basic Scenarios some weapons.

Wow that must have been BRUTALLY hard! Max 1 Zombie killed per combat action at orange and above is just not enough to stem the tide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
on the other hand, it would take him an eternity to reach orange in the first place

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.